Furniture

lowprofile

Hi,

I saw a thread about a furniture expo in March, does anyone know if there is anything similar this month?

Does anyone have recommendations for good quality furniture - beds, wardrobes and tables etc?

Is there a particular area which has a lot of shops or showrooms?

I've bought some nice stuff in Hang Dong before but wold like to have a good look around before buying more.

thanks,

LP

I would start by reviewing what is available at Indec Living Mall next to Carrefour and then compare everything with that.

It is the largest selection of furniture and housewares available in one place in Chiang Mai.

If your looking for teak furniture or specialty hand made items, that place will be of no help.

If you find a piece of furniture you like there and it is made by Indec or other well known manufacturer, you can often do better through discounts offered in the classic non-air conditioned Thai showrooms around town, but you must bargain and compare like with like to get the best price.

I would start by reviewing what is available at Indec Living Mall next to Carrefour and then compare everything with that.

It is the largest selection of furniture and housewares available in one place in Chiang Mai.

If your looking for teak furniture or specialty hand made items, that place will be of no help.

If you find a piece of furniture you like there and it is made by Indec or other well known manufacturer, you can often do better through discounts offered in the classic non-air conditioned Thai showrooms around town, but you must bargain and compare like with like to get the best price.

Yep, tidy place that, always quiet and minimal hassle regards staff getting under your nose. May pay a bit more but it's worth taking into consideration hassle factor as well me thinks. :o

Ashraiwah Rai or what ? At least on the right track, yah ?

no no. she's married now. :D.

this one is sania mirza. the tennis pro from india.

very true. a lot cheaper outside compared to index or whever. and we don't hassle customers. especially farangs. farangs always like their time in looking around and ask when they need to ask something. its better for us, cause our girls can spend time hassling the thai customers :o

Ashraiwah Rai or what ? At least on the right track, yah ?

no no. she's married now. :D .

this one is sania mirza. the tennis pro from india.

very true. a lot cheaper outside compared to index or whever. and we don't hassle customers. especially farangs. farangs always like their time in looking around and ask when they need to ask something. its better for us, cause our girls can spend time hassling the thai customers :o

TB, have you got a thing for Indian Girls? There used to be quite a few in NZ when I was there, absolute stunners.

I like the look of Tanya Sharma

This thread seems to be diverging from the original subject---so back to furniture. There is a shop on Kaew Nawarat road that sells beautifully made real wood furniture in classic Western styles. The prices are not cheap, but seem to me to be very good value, not much more than you would pay for particle board/laminate furniture at many places. I've bought several items there and they are a pleasure to own. The shop is almost opposite the main entrance to Prince Royal's College. There is a language school called EFL almost next to it. EFL is quite easy to find and the furniture shop is on the same side, just a little further from the city centre. Neil

Thanks for the input, 'good quality solid' is the thing I'm after so Index particleboard is out - too much mold, it absorbs too much moisture. I have had wardrobes which I've cleaned with good disinfectant spray and have been moldy again within a few days, same with a cabinet with cameras etc in it. Solid wood doesn't seem to have the same problems.

I've found a few references to places - a couple of places on Nimmanheimin Road, somewhere in Tambon Onkan, Tambon Watkate, Talat Kam Tiang and also Baan Tawai in Hang Dong so I have some places to try out.

What I bought earlier in the year was from a place in Hang Dong and it is very nice, also a ###### site cheaper than what is available here in Phuket - even after shipping.

LP

ps any more pictures of fit Indian women??

Hi,

I saw a thread about a furniture expo in March, does anyone know if there is anything similar this month?

Does anyone have recommendations for good quality furniture - beds, wardrobes and tables etc?

I've bought some nice stuff in Hang Dong before but wold like to have a good look around before buying more.

thanks,

LP

I have a lot of used furniture to sell. Couches tables chairs. Almost new bed and dresser set. Some modern and some carved wood from Hangdong. All in excellent condition.

Moving to China soon so must sell all. Bargain prices.

Paco [email protected]

Hi,

thanks,

LP

I have a lot of used furniture to sell. Couches tables chairs. Almost new bed and dresser set. Some modern and some carved wood from Hangdong. All in excellent condition.

Moving to China soon so must sell all. Bargain prices.

Paco [email protected]

Do you have any photos?