Bottlled Mineral Water

deejah

In order to qualify as a "Mineral water", as opposed to a "Table water", water should contain at least 1'000 mg of minerals per liter.

And that's where the problem starts. Most waters sold in Thailand don't contain this data. So we have to rely on imported waters (kind of crazy).

My favorite (imported) mineral water is San Pellegrino from Italy. I like the taste and is has (for me) the right amount of carbon acid, but only 959 mg of minerals per liter.

Evian, Perrier etc have very little minerals and would not even qualify as mineral waters.

In order to qualify as a "Mineral water", as opposed to a "Table water", water should contain at least 1'000 mg of minerals per liter.

The U.S. FDA classifies mineral water as water containing at least 250 parts per million total dissolved solids (TDS), and is also water coming from from a source tapped at one or more bore holes or spring.

The U.S. FDA classifies mineral water as water containing at least 250 parts per million total dissolved solids (TDS), and is also water coming from from a source tapped at one or more bore holes or spring.

10 baht 25litres delivered to the door................

10 baht 25litres delivered to the door................

:o

I pay 15 bahts for 20 litres

The 1'000 mg /liter regulation is valid in Switzerland, where in addition to this, several other criteria apply for a water to be officially sold as "Mineral Water". (No flavor or color added eg.).

Many big international firm have discovered Swiss mineral water (Nestlé, Coca-Cola) and bought the source and bottling rights in Switzerland.

actually the reason i started this thread, may be the reason i need to start a new one

i have been drinking the basic bottled drinking water for 5 baht about 700-900 ml

you know the white plastic bottles you see everywhere bottled under many names

i asked a dr and he said look he drinks it too and to look for an iso number

i heard that it is not good to drink this water all of the time

i also saw a report that mineral water is essential for a healthy body

i am assuming if the bottle says drinking water it has no minerals, however sometimes the white bottled water tastes 'dirty' like soil of minerals

so what do you folks think of the 5 bhat water?

and mineral water you can get at 7/11

i treid them all

the only one near palatable for me is IO

but its a thai brand and only lists the minerals and not the amounts

and i wonder how consistent the quality is, i dont think it always tastes the same

singha tates fine to me but again it says it is drinking water not mineral

so what do you folks think of the 5 bhat water?

and mineral water you can get at 7/11

i treid them all

the only one near palatable for me is IO

but its a thai brand and only lists the minerals and not the amounts

and i wonder how consistent the quality is, i dont think it always tastes the same

singha tates fine to me but again it says it is drinking water not mineral

the 5 baht bottles is just osmosis water and taste sometimes muddy and often just like plastic.

for the "mineral" water, not sure if it the real mineral water like in the west, i go for the brand 'Minere' and 'Aura', taste not bad. will give IO a try.

in germany a research institute came up with a study that tap water is often more cleaner then bottled mineral water. food surveillance regarding to water, even to tap water is very strong. not sure if there are the same standards for bottled water in thailand.

i use sea salt, sometimes add it. it's of course not the full and balanced mineral content water should have, but it helps with the taste.

eat fruit and vegetables for your mineral supply. balance through diversity.