Time Of Return Ticket For Triple Entry Tourist Visa

I'm British and live in the UK now but will be coming to Thailand for a long term stay. I think my best option is a triple entry tourist visa. I'm planning to buy a return ticket London to Bangkok that leaves in October and returns in June. The plan is to extend each of the entries to 3 months and do 2 visa runs which gives me 9 months in Thailand before I return the the UK. When I submit my documents does it matter that my ticket returns 9 months after my departure? Do you need to show an outbound ticket before the first of the triple entry visas expires i.e. after 60 days?

Also, will the embassy in London or Hull accept my online account statements as proof of income? I haven't had a real statement sent for years.

If you use Hull believe it would be better to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa (less running around as each entry 90 days). Do not believe the airline ticket is normally required for home country nationals - more often used to prove financial means for other passports.

If you use Hull believe it would be better to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa (less running around as each entry 90 days). Do not believe the airline ticket is normally required for home country nationals - more often used to prove financial means for other passports.

Thanks, that definitely looks like a better option. In the form example given on this website, where it says "purpose of visit" it has been filled in with the word "holiday". Given that this visa is supposed to be for purposes other than tourism, I wonder if that's a good thing to put? Would it be better to put "extended stay" as this is one of the valid reasons for obtaining a non immigrant O visa?

You're right, I don't need to send the air ticket or bank statement.

Edited by edwardandtubs

• 2 weeks later...
I'm filling in the application form now and things don't look that simple. You need to show "Evidence substantiating purpose of visit" for a non-immigrant visa.

Do remember that this is a 'universal' form, not all boxes apply to all visa types. not sure about 'holiday' for a non-o though, the 'usual' entry is 'visiting friends and family'.

I'm with Lop, give the consulate a buzz or an email, Hull have a well deserved reputation for being helpful :o

I'm filling in the application form now and things don't look that simple. You need to show "Evidence substantiating purpose of visit" for a non-immigrant visa.

Do remember that this is a 'universal' form, not all boxes apply to all visa types. not sure about 'holiday' for a non-o though, the 'usual' entry is 'visiting friends and family'.

I'm with Lop, give the consulate a buzz or an email, Hull have a well deserved reputation for being helpful :o

They said you don't need to show any evidence if the purpose of your visit is to stay with family and friends. You're right though, you definitely don't want to put 'holiday' for an O visa. Unfortunately due to the postal strike it looks like I won't be able to get my visa in time.