Quick And Speedy Airport Entry

jonniebkk

i guess it is just luck...but again i had a quick and uneventful return to los yesterday. i guess the 95% of such experiences never get posted and just the bad or slow ones get posted, therefore, making it seem that that is the general experience.

i arrived on eva air from taiwan at 11 am. i was off the plane, through immigration, and in my cab within 20 minutes. jing-jing!! :o no line at immigration at all. did note, like others have said, that at the imm desk there is a sign stating you must show your boarding pass and onward ticket along with your usual entry docs (passport and TM card). however, i never have an onward ticket and just handed over my passport/tm card as per usual and was processed through like before. maybe it helps that i had my business casual dress on...(slacks, blue blazer, dress shirt and loafers). i assume that if one met the profile of an "undisirable" tourist then a request for these extra documents would be made and if lacking, would be grounds to require purchase of such a return ticket before entry or entry refusal.

i guess it is just luck...but again i had a quick and uneventful return to los yesterday. i guess the 95% of such experiences never get posted and just the bad or slow ones get posted, therefore, making it seem that that is the general experience.

i arrived on eva air from taiwan at 11 am. i was off the plane, through immigration, and in my cab within 20 minutes. jing-jing!! :o no line at immigration at all. did note, like others have said, that at the imm desk there is a sign stating you must show your boarding pass and onward ticket along with your usual entry docs (passport and TM card). however, i never have an onward ticket and just handed over my passport/tm card as per usual and was processed through like before. maybe it helps that i had my business casual dress on...(slacks, blue blazer, dress shirt and loafers). i assume that if one met the profile of an "undisirable" tourist then a request for these extra documents would be made and if lacking, would be grounds to require purchase of such a return ticket before entry or entry refusal.

have no other experiences then that exept for the first day when I had to wait an hour for the luggage to arrive. But after that I have always flown through the airport in minutes. even out of it was always fast with the thai lanes offering me to go through there when it was a bit busy (read 15 or so people in front of me)

must be lucky, waiting for the taxi was longer sometimes especially when arriving in evening. Will do it again in 2 weeks

nice to hear someone having a nice experience at the airport ,i've never had a problem either .........

Haven't had a bad experience, sometimes the Q at passport control has been up to an hour wait but I normally end up waiting longer than that at various other airports that I travel to so it was passable, for the first time the other day I had about a 10 minute wait to get through passport control outbound in the business section, that was a surprise.

Checking each passport so strictly upon arrival can be annoying though...

funny, i don't think my imm officer really checked my passport on entry too much...there are so many visas and 30-day entry stamps in it that if they really did do a complete calculation of my days in LOS with and without a visa it would take them like a hour :o Think the check is mostly based on a visual check of the person, where they came from, nationality, etc.

One major cause of the imm desk delays both outbound and inbound is that so many non-english speaking/reading people can't/don't fill-out their TM cards before getting to the desk. Often, the officers have to fill them out for them. This is what causes so much of the delays. Did notice that on my outbound this time, the officers were throwing out those who did not have their cards completed and not doing it for them. This sure speeded things up :D

Maybe as LOS does receive so many non-angrit reading/writing tourists, it might be a good idea to have multi-lingual help desks at the airports where such people could get assistance in filling out their TM cards.

I went thru quickly on my last arrival 3 weeks ago. The "hall monitor" let me go thru the Thai immigration line with my Thai wife and child. Luggage was waiting for us, the "nothing to declare" guys didn't blink at our 3 big bags, and no hassles from the limo touts. Touch wood for luck!

The foreign passports lines looked about 20 deep, I was lucky to get around them. Usually we split up at immigration, I wasn't aware that we could go thru together. Maybe a tip for some of you?

Traveling through at one point I was with the wife and kids waiting in line (kids restless and starting to become uncontrollable) when an Immigration officer approached us, took us aside and led us to an unmanned station where the officer proceeded to check us through.

That was good service, almost worth the suicidal thoughts traveling with young kids brings about.

Traveling through at one point I was with the wife and kids waiting in line (kids restless and starting to become uncontrollable) when an Immigration officer approached us, took us aside and led us to an unmanned station where the officer proceeded to check us through.

That was good service, almost worth the suicidal thoughts traveling with young kids brings about.

funny to see the two threads below eachother - immigration longest lines - and immigration blast through

has any of the complainers ever gone through heathrow/JFK/Amsterdam/Sydney after a few planes landed? They are far worse

well, my previous trip was a blast as it comes to waiting times, very quickly through immigration but a long wait for me bags the first time, not on the two other times of that trip.

My last trip (ended just 4 days ago). wasn't that good First time (arrival from schiphol), I waited ages at immigration, I actually walked to the second immigration area, as the first was very very crowded. The second one was less crowded, but it took at least 30 minutes to clear. Because of the wait, my bag was already there when I finally got to the carousel. Second entry (from Sakhon Nakhon) obviously no immigration, but a very long wait for my bags. Third time was great ! Only a few minutes at immigration, and also a very short waiting time for my bags, very good indeed ! This was a flight from PP with Air Asia.

So you see different experiences into one trip :o

I average about 5-10 minutes every time.

Alight plane first(business class), brisk walker, diplomat lane, no checked baggage, car waiting.

I arrived on the same day. Walked off the jet at 1140, arrived at immigration 1155, they opened another 5 desks as the passengers from my flight arrived.

Te girl gave my passport a glance and mentioned something about my face being recognized by the camera, smiled and I was stamped in by 1200.

The suitcases were just arriving on the belt and I had to wait a few minutes. Walked through the green customs lane, they asked me to put my suitcase through the scanner like all the others were asked to do. No problems.

After hearing all the horror stories about the meter taxi stand trying fixed prices I acted like a first time tourist, no offers of fixed price, just the usual routine and the taxi turned the meter on.

All in all uneventful. It took 1 hour from walking off the plane to checking into my On Nut hotel.

I arrived on the same day. Walked off the jet at 1140, arrived at immigration 1155, they opened another 5 desks as the passengers from my flight arrived.

Te girl gave my passport a glance and mentioned something about my face being recognized by the camera, smiled and I was stamped in by 1200.

The suitcases were just arriving on the belt and I had to wait a few minutes. Walked through the green customs lane, they asked me to put my suitcase through the scanner like all the others were asked to do. No problems.

After hearing all the horror stories about the meter taxi stand trying fixed prices I acted like a first time tourist, no offers of fixed price, just the usual routine and the taxi turned the meter on.

All in all uneventful. It took 1 hour from walking off the plane to checking into my On Nut hotel.

how boring haha

just to show how much people are looking for scams and things to complain about.

nice one. Customer asked for a refund as his emailservice had not been working. Turned out he was on a free service.

I would have offered him a goodwill gesture of 12 months for free just to humour the guy