Allright The Family And I Deserve A Good Vacation

mouse

Had an excellent year publishing books and am now ready to enjoy some of the fruits of our labor and get away from the village life of northern Thailand for a couple of weeks.

I am looking for a location where I will see as few people as possible, eat well, sleep comfortably and be able to provide our 3 little children with beautiful sandy beaches and crystal clear water, long walks and relaxing massages and bedauty treatments for my wife.

Unfortunately life goes on and I must be able to check email at least once a day and will have a laptop with me for that reason only. So a GSM phonelink, at the least is required. WiFi is aalso an option as is a Internet Cafe that will allow me to connect my machine.

I have heard of Samui, Kho Chang, Phuket and never been to any of them. What do you suggest? Please provide some images if you can. Looking at keeping this little two week outing between $1,500 to $2,000 total. We will drive wherever we choose to go to.

Had an excellent year publishing books and am now ready to enjoy some of the fruits of our labor and get away from the village life of northern Thailand for a couple of weeks.

I am looking for a location where I will see as few people as possible, eat well, sleep comfortably and be able to provide our 3 little children with beautiful sandy beaches and crystal clear water, long walks and relaxing massages and bedauty treatments for my wife.

Unfortunately life goes on and I must be able to check email at least once a day and will have a laptop with me for that reason only. So a GSM phonelink, at the least is required. WiFi is aalso an option as is a Internet Cafe that will allow me to connect my machine.

I have heard of Samui, Kho Chang, Phuket and never been to any of them. What do you suggest? Please provide some images if you can. Looking at keeping this little two week outing between $1,500 to $2,000 total. We will drive wherever we choose to go to.

Try beaches north of Chumphon. Just starting to have some tourism but not much.

Also Bang Saphan ( halfway between Prachuap Khiri Khan and Chumphon) has some quit resorts.

Other than that it's all very touristy.

cheers and good luck

onzestan

Try beaches north of Chumphon. Just starting to have some tourism but not much.

Also Bang Saphan ( halfway between Prachuap Khiri Khan and Chumphon) has some quit resorts.

Other than that it's all very touristy.

cheers and good luck

onzestan

plenty of quiet places left on samui ,and if you want a bit of nightlife its only a short ride away ,enjoy

I highly recommend Kaw Kwang Beach Resort on the NW tip of Koh Lanta (Krabi province); easily accessed from Phuket or Pi Pi Islands, as well as driving from Krabi side. I'm not sure about the internet. However, just a short walk (10 min.) down the beach, and you have access to many other more expensive resort restaurants which surely have wi-fi and internet services.

Kaw Kwang was recommended by a colleague of mine, and I enjoyed a wonderful week there last year. The resort was hit hard by the 2004 tsunami, but all has been rebuilt--new, clean and beautiful. Excellent food at the resort restaurant. Mostly northern European families as guests.

• 2 weeks later...