1 Million Baht Loan

Anyone have some money on the bank getting 1% a year?

I have the oppertunity to buy a 50% share in a 26 room/bungalow resort in Chumpon.

I can cover the total monthly cost easily but 2 million is needed for refurbishments.

Steady income stream from my homecountry.

Unfortunately unable to get this loan from a bank because no workpermit.

I offer 1% per month interest on a 1.000.000 baht loan and payback prefered in 48-72 months.

All details are available for serious offers.

Sincerely,

Khun Jean

I have the oppertunity to buy a 50% share in a 26 room/bungalow resort in Chumpon.

I can cover the total monthly cost easily but 2 million is needed for refurbishments.

I offer 1% per month interest on a 1.000.000 baht loan and payback prefered in 48-72 months.

Sincerely,

Khun Jean

Yea, i got some money......but its staying in a Bank, Business deals and especially Loaning of money is very dodgy business in Thailand.

I lend you a million, you pay someone 50,000 to shoot me. :o

Now thats what i call a a profitable business. :D

I offer 1% per month interest on a 1.000.000 baht loan and payback prefered in  48-72 months.

Sincerely,

Khun Jean

Yea, i got some money......but its staying in a Bank, Business deals and especially Loaning of money is very dodgy business in Thailand.

I lend you a million, you pay someone 50,000 to shoot me. :o

Now thats what i call a a profitable business. :D

Hmm very interesting,

Khun Jean, would you be willing to use the ownership documents as collateral? If so, please contact me.

SOmething else, most resorts in Chumpon are located north of CHumpon, nice beaches but a sure way of losing money as there's no business, no high season but a year long 'very low season.' Why someone would want to invest there is beyond my comprehension.

Khun Jean, would you be willing to use the ownership documents as collateral? If so, please contact me.

Doubt that, as Khun Jean is a Farang and therefore can't own land, and she is after a 50% share, so the other owner is unlikely to risk his 50% on her loan, hence no security.

Begs:

I lend you a million, you pay someone 50,000 to shoot me. 

Now thats what i call a a profitable business. 

Yep and slowly your money is getting worth less and less and less.....

Or do you have a secret for a 100% safe investment with 12% return.

If so i would like to know it.

And i am a good guy so i would not shoot you, really i promise. :o

Aussie:

Hmm very interesting,

Something else, most resorts in Chumpon are located north of CHumpon, nice beaches but a sure way of losing money as there's no business, no high season but a year long 'very low season.' Why someone would want to invest there is beyond my comprehension.

The plan is to start a Co.ltd. The 50% shares can be used as collateral. The resort is rented from the owner on a rolling 3 year lease with a very low monthly rent. Currently it is in need for refurbishment. Hence the money needed to upgrade the place.

Chunphon is the gateway to the south and you have to be there to see the hordes of tourist using chumphon as a stopover for visits to Kho Tau /Samui.

Starting a business is always a risk, but i think this area is soon becoming more interesting for tourists. And don't forget the Thai people who go there every weekend. Investing in places like Samui/ Krabi/ Phangan/ Hua Hin is only possible with a large bag of money and in my opinion a very large risk. Chumphon is still cheap, but in 10 years it might be the new hotspot. I personally think it will always be quiter in Chumphon then in the the current touristic places, but i am willing to take that risk because the low monthly costs and the gut feeling it will be grwoing as a tourist place. Unfortunately banks here in Thailand are not willing to borrow money so i thought i just ask a private person to give a loan with a very interesting return of 12%.

Begs:

Doubt that, as Khun Jean is a Farang and therefore can't own land, and she is after a 50% share, so the other owner is unlikely to risk his 50% on her loan, hence no security

Poor Begs, i am sorry you had bad experinces with your bargirl friend. But me i am happily married with two children and any business venture i undertake will be thought out and make sure the invested money is under my control all the time.

any business venture i undertake will be thought out and make sure the invested money is under my control all the time.

Yea i am sure you are a great buinessman/woman, but the owner of a run down resort that can get some sucker to lease it out for 3 years is much smarter.

Ever wonder why it is in need of refurbishment? Maybe its cos nobody uses it and it falls into disrepair and the owner does not renovate it cos its a further waste of money, so he waits for a great Businessman/woman like you to come along, lets you do all the refurbishment for him, and IF it is ever a success, he will just not renew the lease.

Yep, you really think of everything, good luck.

Yep and slowly your money is getting worth less and less and less.....

Or do you have a secret for a 100% safe investment with 12% return.

If so i would like to know it.

Maybe i should buy run down resorts for a knock down price and rent them out to Farangs............nah, Farangs are not that stupid....are they?

What a lot of cynical remarks.

Begs, since you don't know the score please refrain for giving unnecesary "advice".

As everybody knows a lot of hotels and resorts are constructed on highly valued land. That land is leased for the owner is smart enough to keep it for the future/children. Nothing wrong with that.

The partner i will be setting this up has already rented this site for 2 years and is almost on a breakeven. Already 1 million invested and now seeks a new investment in return i will get 50%.

Maybe i should buy run down resorts for a knock down price and rent them out to Farangs............nah, Farangs are not that stupid....are they?
If one BUYS it for the purpose of renting them out then indeed they are stupid. Unless you think a 300:1 ratio is a good one. The one who rents though is the smart one because he can choose to not renew the contract.

I might add that i can use the same resort, with its very nice private beach for my place to live. And it will be cheaper than renting a 50 m2 appartment in some sukhumvit soi.

And getting tourist to your resort is a question of marketing and hard work.

The tourist are already there only they don't know it because it is a little of the beaten track.

Falong:

Khun Jean

You say "Or do you have a secret for a 100% safe investment with 12% return."

That statement alone relieves you of any credibility.

Well maybe i am stupid that i don't know a safe investment strategy that gives me a 12% return but i am willing to learn.

What a lot of cynical remarks.

Begs, since you don't know the score please refrain for giving unnecesary "advice".

Ok, but when you are totally Skint after losing your money, come back here and i will lend you the Air Fare back home to reality........at very reasonable rates.

hahaha....Now i know why there are so many Farang conmen in Thailand, there is enough suckers to support thousands more as well :o

Begs from another thread:

I have lived in Thailand since 1990. 14 years in December.

Yes, yes i understand now.

Time to leave...

And i do have money for your return ticket. 12% OK. :o

And Begs i really appreciate your replies. It will keep this topic on top of the forum.

So your slagging is actually helping me. Many thanks.

KUHN JEAN

You say:

1) the resort has been already half "restored" (better word I guess since I believe it's very run down) and 1,000,000 baht have been spent on it ....

2) you say that 1,000,000 baht additional will give you 50% shareholding

3) you say: you'll be register a Co. ltd

My OPINION: (just an opinion)

1) the 1,000,000 baht already spent on the resort where have they been booked? If there si not Co. Ltd yet, those money are only on benefit of the owner. as "leasehold improvement" (BUT NO REGISTERED COMPANY TO ASSET THIS IMPROVEMENT) you will in any case loose those money shoudl the rolling rental agreement end.

2) Your potential partner is already breakeven with 1,000,000 baht investment, so with just another 1,000,000 baht is giving you 50%!!! Should be desperate, is the GOODWILL of this resort worth ZERO? Already 2 years in operation, with wonderful future of huge profits and no Goodwill, with just the same money the original business man invested 2 years ago, you get 50%. So he worked for nothing!! Santa Claus??

3) You register a Co. Ltd. Capital invested 2,000,000 baht in "leasehold improvements", the contract expires, the Co. Ltd goes bankrupt and bye bye expat.

The owner of the resort will say: not my business I was just renting the resort, it's the Co. ltd. that had to pay me the rent and pay you back the loan.

I add n. 4)

You say that 12% return on a safe investment -- whereelse???

Nowhere my friend, bust most of all NOT FROM THIS FRAUD

OPS I DID IT AGAIN (BRITNEY SPEARS)

Jean - just out of interest, this 3 year lease: registered at the Land Dept. If not, you may want to look at S. 538 of the CCC...

Khun Jean will have already looked into that, Khun Jean is very smart...... :o

The partner i will be setting this up has already rented this site for 2 years and is almost on a breakeven. Already 1 million invested and now seeks a new investment in return i will get 50%.

so you have 1 year to go on the lease?

and now want to refurbish it ?

hei Kuhn Jean

Why don't you post that you are Vice-President of a Bank in Nigeria and that there is a bank account with 30,000,000 US$ and you need a farang to cash that money since the owner is passed away .....

Of course the Farang will get 20% of it .....

THIS IS A GOOD BUSINESS, NOT A BLOODY 12%!!!!!

I believe you look like :o

hei Kuhn Jean

Why don't you post that you are Vice-President of a Bank in Nigeria and that there is a bank account with 30,000,000 US$ and you need a farang to cash that money since the owner is passed away .....

Of course the Farang will get 20% of it .....

THIS IS A GOOD BUSINESS, NOT A BLOODY 12%!!!!!

I believe you look like :o

Hahahaha.......................lol

Classic :D

Sorry my standard rate is 2baht interest per hundred baht per day......i/ll let you do the maths...........always thought that was the standard rate in these parts? :o

payback prefered in 48-72 months

Hang on a sec!! This repayment period is LONGER than the lease agreement (even assuming it gets renewed). I thought this porject was looking to make money!

:D:o

Seems like Khun Jean is a bit of a dreamer...but people like Khun Jean are great in Thailand....They come with some money and some ideas, and leave with nothing but sad memories of what might have been.......................

Khun Jean, had any luck yet? :D

Sumitr Man,

I said prefered 48-72 because that will keep the monthly payments low and i will be able to pay that with ease.

I would like a shorter period but then it is not interesting for the person who loans me the money. The profit for that person is higher over a longer period, so i presumed it would be more interesting. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I did do my reseacrh and this is not an overnight decision.

And yes the lease is registered. The owner of the land has made the construction about 19 years ago. And it has been leased ever since. Negotiations are now taking place for a longer lease period (10+ years) because i would prefer that over a 3 year rolling contract.

The current person who leases the bungalow now has recouped his initial 1.000.000 investment in two years and invested it wrongly in a big piece of land that just sits around now without a lease or buyer. Not the smartest thing to do but i think at the moment it was a good deal for him. And mistakes and wrong investments happens to everybody sometimes. Think he just felt lucky and a little greedy. But now he is back to earth with both his feet on the ground.

If i tell you the monthly rent is 30.000 do you think i can pay it with my income i get from my homecountry? Or do you think i am that poor? I just don't have 1.000.000 baht sitting around so that is why i put the request for a loan here.

And as everyone knows when you make a budget of 1.000.000 it will probably be 1.5000.000 when it is finished. So i want to keep my monthly income available for when something has to be done. Every investment i make will be matched by my business partner. And the bungalows are situated very close to the fast boat to kho tao which is used by many foreign tourists. At the other side is a very well know monument for the son of king number 5 which attracts a lot of thai people.

The things that needs to be done most is some new aircos, new cabling for elictricity, some new toilets, tv's, fans, lights. The bungalows at the front of the beach suffer most from the elements. These have to have new doors, and floor paneling. For the rest it is just cosmetic things like paint and some new tiling for the pathways. Adding some plants and trees to make it more "garden" like.

And of course some new linnen, towels, chairs and tables.

The 50% share i get for 500.000. The other 500.000 is used in 5 steps of 100.000 over the next 5 months to improve the bungalows. The other partner will do the same.

I am thankful for the response who gave me something to think about and double check things. I will not do this without a lawyer and thorough research which is still going on. If there is something that not feels right or sounds "fishy". the whole deal is off.

I would appreciate some constructive replies so that i not have the feeling that all forum members have lost there capability to share some knowledge. But i must confess i am a little disappointed in the replies sofar.

Not only for the financial part but mainly for labeling me for a conman and a nigerian Vice president.

Did some of you actually have a business or are you all employees without any dreams.

Because dreams, hard work and a little money can go a long way.

And Begs, Please go play golf or whatever you do and stop ridiculing me. It is obvious you are already there moneywise where i want to be in the future so give me some credit for at least trying.

And Begs i really appreciate your replies. It will keep this topic on top of the forum.

So your slagging is actually helping me. Many thanks.

Do you also change your business ideas as often as you do your opinions? :o

But i must confess i am a little disappointed in the replies sofar.

Not only for the financial part but mainly for labeling me for a conman and a nigerian Vice president.

Did some of you actually have a business or are you all employees without any dreams.

Haha, you have got to be a Troll...................you had me fooled for a while though, i just thought you was another farang Dreamer.

The things that needs to be done most is some new aircos, new cabling for elictricity, some new toilets, tv's, fans, lights. The bungalows at the front of the beach suffer most from the elements. These have to have new doors, and floor paneling. For the rest it is just cosmetic things like paint and some new tiling for the pathways. Adding some plants and trees to make it more "garden" like.

And of course some new linnen, towels, chairs and tables.

So what you are trying to say is, the place has got to be completely rebuilt, plus linen, towels, chairs, tables?

Sounds like a good sound business to me.

IF you are not a troll, my advice to you is forget it, and believe me, Thailand has so many farang conmen that are only too willing to lie to the uninitiated about what wonderful business opportunities await them if only they will part with a lot of money.

If the Business was that good, what would he want a partner for............Get out of it while you can. Buy some golf clubs and enjoy Thailand, instead of being yet another farang that loses money to another farang in a Golden Opportunity.

Sounds like a good sound business to me.

IF you are not a troll, my advice to you is forget it, and believe me, Thailand has so many farang conmen that are only too willing to lie to the uninitiated about what wonderful business opportunities await them if only they will part with a lot of money.

If the Business was that good, what would he want a partner for............Get out of it while you can. Buy some golf clubs and enjoy Thailand, instead of being yet another farang that loses money to another farang in a Golden Opportunity.

So what you are trying to say is, the place  has got to be completely rebuilt, plus linen, towels, chairs, tables?
?? Completely rebuild, well i dont have to build 26 bungalows, a road, a restaurant, an office, restrooms etc..

I said some airco. I mean 4-5 new ones.

Some new linnen because now there are not enough. Should have more linnen than needed at one time otherwise you get logistic problems.

From the 200 tables yes about 20 or so have to be replaced. etc..

Thailand has so many farang conmen that are only too willing to lie to the uninitiated about what wonderful business opportunities await them if only they will part with a lot  of money.

Who said it was a farang who offered this to me??

Well this one is a thai with a travel agency he has for around 5 years. Has been manager of the Cabana beach resort in chumphon for ten years and now trying to do it on his own, in which he almost succeeded but now needs some investment to take it to a more profitable level and is willing to offer 50% of the share to do just that because he believes in it. And after staying there for a while and studiyng the surroundings and oppertunities i think he is right and feel the same way about it.

And BTW i don't like golf. Makes me sleepy.