Ipod Purchase

BFD

Hi folks,

Does anyone know the best place to buy an iPod in Bangkok? I want a big hard drive (at least 60gb) and video capability. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

BFD!

Dunno best place to buy but the new ones are 80 and 160 Gig respectively so the size is there for you.

I have a full 20 Gig 4th Generaion and am thinking about popping out today in Singapore to get one - they were sold out in Amsterdam duty free yesterday

Then again I like the iPod Touch but it would have to double to 32 Gig for me to get it.

I bought a 30 and a 80 from the Apple store in Seacom Mall. Although they did not give me discount they threw in cases worth 1000. With the VAT refund I ended up paying £184 for the 80 (£259 in the UK at the time) and £140 for the 30 (£199) so a bargain I thought.

When you buy something in Singapore, like Ipod / laptop / electronic , do you buy duty-free or get GST / VAT at the airport ?

i am looking to get a laptop in 6 months time , and not sure if i will go Australian or Singapore way !

thk

When you buy something in Singapore, like Ipod / laptop / electronic , do you buy duty-free or get GST / VAT at the airport ?

i am looking to get a laptop in 6 months time , and not sure if i will go Australian or Singapore way !

thk

In Singapore you get GST and claim it at the airport.

On a serious note, for many electrical stuff, the price difference to be had can pay for your trip to Singapore. A thai friend of mine flew down there for a day to buy his laptop. Saved him a ###### fortune.

thk

Get in town - much bigger choice than the airport and as Moonfruit says you can get the GST back at the airport - they have a few booths very visible and signposted.

The shops in town should give you the paperwork - Sony Shop in Bugis even offered it to me for earphones last week.

Thanks for the advice, folks.

I ended up buying one in Pantip, 3rd floor. It's an 80GB video, and I also got one of those little speaker sets with a sub so I can use the iPod as an alarm clock. Total price: ฿10,400.

I can't believe I've lasted this long without one of these things!

BFD!