What Do The Moderators Look Like?

When we don't have a face to put to a name, we have to use our imagination which is why we have avatars to try and distract the cerebral cortex from sending special 'guessing' endorphines to the message centre while we are trying to contentrate on our reading/typing.

However, I have often wondered what the mods look like in real life, have you not?

George is the most difficult - he's just a blur, but I see him with a roundish face, sort of clean shaven - maybe a days growth, and sitting at a PC an untidy office with a bottle of Chang in one hand and a walkie talkie in the other which he uses to speak to the Doc and say stuff like - "Pat, check out Whattodo's new post on General - what do you think, shall we let him have it?"

Age? ..Between 50 and 65. :o

The Doc, well, I've seen many men in Bangkok who could be Doctor Pong and some I've even been tempted to ask.

I see The Doc as a bloke with short clipped blone/white/grey hair and goatee beard and rectangular glasses.

He's got mean eyebrows and looks quite serious but is quite friendly to speak to.

The Doc has a laptop and he takes it to cafe's and observes everything on the forum whilst eating a sandwich, which he occasionally puts down on the plate so he can type a quick reposte whilst chewing.

Age? ...Between 45 and 60. :D

Wolfie looks like the Green Goblin only grey and in a grim reaper outfit.

Chanchao looks exactly like his/her avatar - a big fat penguin.

P1P I imagine as a really nice bloke but he's about 96 years old - I've no idea why I see him as an old man.

I was able to predict the colour and type of Tornado's car so maybe I have telepathic powers, a bit.

How accurate is my imagination and how does it compare to that of others?

When we don't have a face to put to a name, we have to use our imagination which is why we have avatars to try and distract the cerebral cortex from sending special 'guessing' endorphines to the message centre while we are trying to contentrate on our reading/typing.

However, I have often wondered what the mods look like in real life, have you not?

George is the most difficult - he's just a blur, but I see him with a roundish face, sort of clean shaven - maybe a days growth, and sitting at a PC an untidy office with a bottle of Chang in one hand and a walkie talkie in the other which he uses to speak to the Doc and say stuff like - "Pat, check out Whattodo's new post on General - what do you think, shall we let him have it?"

Age? ..Between 50 and 65. :o

The Doc, well, I've seen many men in Bangkok who could be Doctor Pong and some I've even been tempted to ask.

I see The Doc as a bloke with short clipped blone/white/grey hair and goatee beard and rectangular glasses.

He's got mean eyebrows and looks quite serious but is quite friendly to speak to.

The Doc has a laptop and he takes it to cafe's and observes everything on the forum whilst eating a sandwich, which he occasionally puts down on the plate so he can type a quick reposte whilst chewing.

Age? ...Between 45 and 60. :D

Wolfie looks like the Green Goblin only grey and in a grim reaper outfit.

Chanchao looks exactly like his/her avatar - a big fat penguin.

P1P I imagine as a really nice bloke but he's about 96 years old - I've no idea why I see him as an old man.

I was able to predict the colour and type of Tornado's car so maybe I have telepathic powers, a bit.

How accurate is my imagination and how does it compare to that of others?

Isn't George M Rentoul? Pretty young, good sense for business but fails to attract the right people to make thaivisa.com reach new heights.

Patrick Pong is a mystery, a former diver severly affected by a lack of oxygen which partly explains his inability to write more than one, two sentences at any particular time. I am however not sure how this reflects on his appearance, he can often be seen in the company of a good glass of red wine.

Wolfie looks pretty normal, chanchao also. Nice father in law by the way, seems a decent guy.

• 2 weeks later...