Anyone Stayed At The Amari Watergate?

Asafa

I've stayed there a couple of times in the last 2 months and then a few times about 5 years ago. In my experience, the service level has gone down over that time... The Amari Watergate is usually quite busy and I got the impression that they didn't need to work too hard to get people to stay there - I assume they are full with holiday packages or similar.

There were many good staff in the hotel but unfortunately, they didn't manage to outweigh the bad staff for me. There weren't many specifically bad examples of service (except when my room still wasn't available when I checked in at 11:30 at night...) but the general service wasn't welcoming.

The Amari Watergate is one of our corporate hotels so I get a good rate there. The other corporate hotel is the Siam City. The location of the Siam City isn't as good as the Amari Watergate but the service was much better (a complete reverse of the situation 5 years ago). The Siam City has been recently renovated and I suspect they are trying harder to get people in after the renovation.

The optimist in me notes that the Amari Watergate is currently renovating some rooms so hopefully this will transform them in the same way it seems to have done the Siam City. However, given the choice, I know which one I would stay in at the moment (if we hadn't already moved into our apartment that is!)

These are just my experiences though - maybe I was unlucky. Comparing the price, facilities and service, the Amari Watergate is still much better than most hotels in Europe, the US or many parts of Asia - you can't get that level of quality for that price elsewhere. However, I've recently experienced better in Bangkok.