Hong Kong - Bangkok Flights (china Airliners And Other)

zink

I'm looking for a Hong Kong - Bangkok - Hong Kong flights for February/March next year (after Chinese new year).

Does anybody know an agent that offers China Airlines flights? Their own webpage is slow and doesn't show fares for the next year.

I already checked: http://zuji.com.hk and http://www.internet.travel.com.hk/ and they offer Thai Airways flights for about 2500HKG, can I get these flights cheaper from somewhere else? Emirates/Keyna/Sri Lankan airways are out of the question since they depart from Hong Kong very late.

When Air Asia will release schedules and prices for their new Hong Kong - Bangkok route?

I did the Bkk - HK - Bkk on China Airways and was upgraded to business class (no extra charge!) for a return price of 7,500 BHT. My company did the booking for me but was very impressed with the service. Also for about 500 BHT more at that time was Gulf Air who had a similar departure time from & to Bkk.

Edited by chavy

I did the Bkk - HK - Bkk on China Airways and was upgraded to business class (no extra charge!) for a return price of 7,500 BHT. My company did the booking for me but was very impressed with the service. Also for about 500 BHT more at that time was Gulf Air who had a similar departure time from & to Bkk.

7500B would be a great a price, although I fear that HK-BKK-HK will be more expensive, especially in the winter. Do you know any online agents selling tickets for China Airlines?

Gulf Air doesn't fly anymore to Hong Kong.

China Airlines quotes HKG$ 3.445,- all-in.

cheers

onzestan

Can you tell from which site did you get that price? Their webpage just says "no fare is available for your booking" when I try to check February fares...

Try wingontravel.com - their wesite is in chinese but if you click on the air ticket link on top-right it takes you to an English language section. Or as an alternative you can go to one of their multitude of branches around HK. They can issue China Airlines tickets as well as those for other more adventurous airlines such as Kenya Airways and Orient Thai.

China Airlines quotes HKG$ 3.445,- all-in.

cheers

onzestan

Can you tell from which site did you get that price? Their webpage just says "no fare is available for your booking" when I try to check February fares...

I made a ghost booking for next month on China's website.

cheers

onzestan

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised that nobody here mentioned HONGKONG EXPRESS. they will for sure be the cheapest flying HKG - BKK - HKG. every Agent in HK will be willing to book them for you. for what reason ever, they dont have an online booking facility on their website (yet?).

seems like even those who work for travel businesses here in this bord know little about the world "outside of Thailand" :o

check www.hongkongexpress.com for schedules (hope it's ok to post the URL here)

if you wanna shop around for other connections and airlines:

try to get somebody from HK to send or FAX u the specific advert-pages of the SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST, a daily-paper, which is usually full of ads from travel-agencies. I did bring one from HK recently (paper, not agent), it was a wednesday-issue, and its full of such ads, very helpful for future inquiries.

PM me if need further assistance.....

oh ya, I just had a look: HKG - BKK - HKG goes for 750 HK-$, plus Taxes, certainly a better deal than the 2500 HK$ offered on ThaiAir.

god, I really should - and want to - open a DECENT travel agency here in LOS.... if only I had reliable and honest partners....

Edited by THAILIBAN

Thanks for the tip, however Hongkong Express departs way too early (I would have to spend extra night in Hong Kong). I checked schedules from Amadeus and it seems that only suitable choices for me are:

- China Airlines (best schedule, but where I can book the flight for the next year??)

- Thai Airways

- Cathay Pacific (which is even more expensive than Thai Airways)

Of course there is also a possibility to travel thought Macao with AirAsia, but it would take much more time.