Flights Bangkok To Toronto

expatgaz

Any advice, Iam going to have to travel to Toronto in the not to distant future,my question is which route to take.Anybody done / does this route please help.I will be flying business class so any advice which airline is best in this class also a great help.I've been looking at BA to Heathrow then Heathrow to Toronto or fly to Hong Kong and Air Canada from their to Toronto.

Await your help ???

Thai Airways to Shanghai and Shanghai on to Toronto is cheaper than the Hong Kong route, but you have to wait in Shanghai about 5-6 hours to make the connecting flight. The flight leaves Bangkok around 1:45 a.m. You could also try Thai Airways to Peking, China or to Tokyo, Japan then connect to Toronto on Air Canada. I believe if you fly to Hong Kong, you avoid the lousy service on Air Canada by flying Cathay Pacific to Toronto.

And, you can always try Thai Airways from Bangkok straight to New York and then on to the Big City. This might be the fastest flight of all.

Up to you.

Bon voyage!

And, you can always try Thai Airways from Bangkok straight to New York and then on to the Big City. This might be the fastest flight of all.

It might even be the cheapest. Last year, on the BKK <-> LAX route, Thai business class was significantly cheaper than say Cathay Pacific. I don't know if this is the case when flying to New York today.

One problem going via New York is making the final hop up to Toronto. No Star Alliance airline flies JFK to YYZ. American Airlines does fly that route - on a small regional jet that departs after a 5 to 6 hour layover. The better options for the hop to Toronto depart from either La Guardia or Newark. Having to change airports kind of ruins the advantage of a nearly direct flight.

Edited by scrunchielaura

I flew the Bangkok-Toronto route in April this year on Cathay Pacific. The schedule then had a quick connection in the very convenient HK airport, with an almost direct flight from HK to Toronto (refueling stop in Anchorage). At the time there wasn't a shorter route.

Looking on the Cathay website the business class looks crap.I really want a good comfy seat for such a long haul.Pref flat bed.Seems Cathay are not flat beds and last time I flew Thai their busines class wasn't up to much either.I reckon BA could be an option direct to Heathrow then direct to Toronto,flying time abt 22hrs.

Any further views ?

I really want a good comfy seat for such a long haul.Pref flat bed.Seems Cathay are not flat beds and last time I flew Thai their busines class wasn't up to much either.

The Thai business class to JFK and LAX (via their Airbus A340-500's) is a "flat bed", although it isn't level. The exact same seats are also on all their few A340-600's.

Any advice, Iam going to have to travel to Toronto in the not to distant future,my question is which route to take.Anybody done / does this route please help.I will be flying business class so any advice which airline is best in this class also a great help.I've been looking at BA to Heathrow then Heathrow to Toronto or fly to Hong Kong and Air Canada from their to Toronto.

Await your help ???

Might look at Etihad via Abu Dhabi, great connections, have a look at their website for details on business class, [email protected] can help you.

I've done the trip a few times, and the route I preferred was with EVA going Bangkok-Taiwan-Vancouver-Toronto. Stopping to change planes in Taiwan then Vancouver gave us time to stretch our legs and have a change of scenery. The only bad thing about the trip was changing airlines in Vancouver from EVA (good service) to Air Canada (bad service). Air Canada has got to be one of the worst airlines in the world. I think most airlines treat luggage better than Air Canada treats their customers.

The worst for me was with Cathay Pacific, and not because Cathay pacific is bad, but I hate the route we took: Bangkok-Hong Kong-Toronto. The leg from Hong Kong to Toronto was too long. We stopped in Anchorage, Alaska for about 40 minutes to refuel and change flight staff, but the passengers weren't allowed to get off the plane, so it really meant that the leg from Hong Kong to Toronto was about 20 hours -- too long for this guy.

Pattyboy - very good point abt the HK to Toronto being to long.Thats a hel_l of a time.Iam still umming and ahhing abt this one.Etihad may be worth a look.I thought EVA's planes where a bit old and grotty ??? Nobody recommends BA ? BKK-LONDON-TORONTO ?

Pattyboy - very good point abt the HK to Toronto being to long.Thats a hel_l of a time.Iam still umming and ahhing abt this one.Etihad may be worth a look.I thought EVA's planes where a bit old and grotty ??? Nobody recommends BA ? BKK-LONDON-TORONTO ?

Waiting around London airport for at least five to six hours would put me off. The good thing about Cathay via the Pacific is that the transit time in Hong Kong is only a couple of hours. EVA was good too, except it was three hours in Taiwan and at least another three in Vancouver. My wife and I just want to get to our final destination as soon as possible. The legroom, was better with EVA compared to Cathay, but we only fly economy class. As for flying through the U.S., it's been years since we last did it, but even with the lower fares, it doesn't appeal to us.