A I S G P R S Issues

bdenner

Over the past few weeks AIS has had a computer glitch where they have been taking 1 Baht per minute out of the phone credits rather than the option balance eg 350 Baht 100 Hour per month.

This has effected 3 out of 5 of us in the area using the facility – 60%. 2 of the guys still have problems and all sorts of promises have been made by AIS re compensation etc. They are still not connected. I my case they had to cancel my package and create a new one and repaid the credits taken from my phone card balance.

Is it happening else where in the country?

I've had GPRS issues too with AIS recently with my wifes account.

On her last statement there were 900 baht of GPRS charges. Not a lot maybe but she never uses GPRS, wouldn't know how. The girl in the AIS office checked the phone and could see it wasn't set up for GPRS.

According to the bill she had been using GPRS for hours every night for a week including long after we had gone to bed. Raised it with AIS who investigated but said we had to pay up. Had to threaten to close down the account which is over 5 years old before we could get them to reconsider. Ended up paying 100 baht to settle the issue as l knew it wasn't worth the trouble to start up a new account with another company and have to then notify everyone we had changed a long standing number.

i have the same problem with GPRS charges with True Move ...

we have 2 contracts ... one has permanent gprs package (flatrate) the other one use sometimes

1 weeks packages ... if used once they begin to charge sometimes 2 or 3 times ...

after complaining and alot of phonecalls they seems always to agree and refund the charges.

seems a comon practice ..

on my dtac (mainly used) i never had a problem like that.

Edited by altf4

I have the same 100 hr. 350 baht contract .

last night I was online for a long time(due to snail crawling speed & a lot of work to do, & came across this post.

sure enough the one night I am on longer than an hour& 1/2 I get binged for 200 extra baht from my credit.

I went into Telewiz today & they called & supposedly AIS will look into it & reissue my credit.

I will hold my breath till then(& most likely croak from suffocation waiting)

I had this happen.  It the end of the month I still had the 120hr prepay that I get each month on my bill and they had run up 12,000baht without taking anything from the prepay as they would norm. do :D .  One would think that would be easy to fix, but they really wanted me to pay it :D .  I was in the Office over six hours, before they gave in and fixed it.  After the first 3 hours in the office they wanted me to split it with them.  Is that nuts are what??? :o   Just go into the main office and keep taking, always be nice just don't leave.  As it was they did get 1200 of it out of me, but I was worn out. :D

I have a slightly different issue but not one to complain about. I have the monthly 100hr plan and for a week or more they have been taking only 1 minute for every hour on line from my 100hr prepaid plan. They have not been taking any of my prepaid phone credits.

Edited by ballbreaker

I had the same problem as the OP last week for 3 days.

Had the same problem late last year as well.

Talking to a few others seems they have a similar experience every so often.

The only way AIS will refund the 'stolen' credit is to keep calling, they will do something about it eventually.

Shame that they do not put alot of effort into sorting out what is a long standing glitch in their GPRS package.

Hi Beardog again,

Strangest thing AIS within 24 hours not only replaced my missing baht but I think they added 110 baht to my account.

That & the woman I spoke with was super polite.

What a flashback- I felt like I was back in the U.S. where some are concerned about good customer service(to get a raise or not get canned).

I hope other posters can get this lucky. I have to say 3 & 1/2 years & this is a first for me , like other foreigners on the short end of the stick!

I do however punch in acct balance & leave it open(they do not charge for the call) & monitor any deletions of baht to avoid further situations.

Beardog

• 3 weeks later...

Well a month has passed by and nothing has changed with GPRS. AIS again took my money but failed to credit my 100 hours. The only solution was the same, cancel my package and credit my phone with a refund and additional costs. They renewed it and bless their cotton sox there’s the additional 100 hours promotional package for being a new customer – total 200 hours for 374 Baht.

Now it gets bazaar! Last night they took 400 minutes off the GPRS balance (11406 to 11006 minutes) and credited my phone with 400 Baht. There is a text message saying “Your rewards and package minutes are used up now you have to pay for your next call”. Absolutely nothing has changed in the operation of my phone or GPRS accept I’m 400 Baht richer for some GPRS time I could never use.