New Passport/old Passport

ok, I have a new passport to which I will be using for the 1st time tomorrow, I just received it from the Embassy in Bangkok.

As I have only just received it I have not had the chance to transfer the last entry stamp in my old passport to my new one. Question is, will the immigration stamp my new passport on departing, despite the previous entry stamp being in my old passport ?

I have taken out the immigration slip and placed it into my new passport, I will also have my old passport with me to show my previous entry stamp.

Anyone with any experience of this ?

(by the way, the last stamp was a 90 day single entry B visa which doesnt expire till 30th Oct).

Cheers.

Your embassy should have also given you a letter that you take to immigration along with your old and new passport and they will transfer visa to new passport.

Technically your old passport has been canceled and your new one has no visa so draw your own conclusion.

You should really get the old visa transferred into your new passport. This is done free of charge at any immigration office providing you have a letter from your embassy.

If you turn up at the airport you should be O.K. but if you get an awkward immigration official, he/she could make your life difficult. So it's better to transfer (it) if you can.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

You should really get the old visa transferred into your new passport. This is done free of charge at any immigration office providing you have a letter from your embassy.

If you turn up at the airport you should be O.K. but if you get an awkward immigration official, he/she could make your life difficult. So it's better to transfer (it) if you can.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

When I get a new American Passport can I have my "Non-O" visa transferred from the old passport to the new passport at the Phuket immigration office or is the only place that is allowed to do this in Soi Suan Phlu in Bangkok ???

TIA

Siamkid

When I get a new American Passport can I have my "Non-O" visa transferred from the old passport to the new passport at the Phuket immigration office or is the only place that is allowed to do this in Soi Suan Phlu in Bangkok ???

They dont transfer Visas only entry stamps.

Correct, then you carry your old passport around with you until the 'O' visa expires.

They dont transfer Visas only entry stamps.

Hi Mahout,

I'm from the Uk and have just 2 pages left in passport...so going to embassey to renew passport. Last entry was a 60 day tourist vias from laos. Can I take both passports to maesot and get a 30 day extension into new passport at maesot or is it best to get extension first then take both passports back to laos for new tourist visa.

regards

Block

Obtain your extension first and then obtain new passport/transfer extension to the new passport and then visa Laos for a new visa.

Hi lopburi3,

Thankyou as always for your advice. Am I right in saying that I can go to immigration in bangkok, get my extension, then go to british embassey, renew my passport then back to immigration in bangkok to transfer extension.....then visit Laos again and apply for new tourist visa.

Again many thanks in advance.

regards

Block 2