Aqueous Cream

sonicdragon

Hello

Can anyone advise where I can by Aqueous Cream ? It is readily available from Boots and all chemists in the UK but I have had no success finding it in Thailand, having checked several drugs stores as well as chains like Boots and Watsons. Part of the problem might be not knowing it's name in thai. I have even taken a tub of it, that was bought in the UK, to all the shops but each time I just receive a puzzled look and a shake of the head....And if anyone knows the name in thai (thai language preferably, or transliterated) I would be grateful.

Advice much appreciated.

Thanks

SD

Does anyone know what I'm talking about above ?

I've been out looking for it today again, but with no luck. Asking the pharmacists instead of the sales assistants just results in them wanting to sell steroid creams (when they learn that it's for eczema)

This ia an emolient cream. This info comes from netdoctor.co.uk

"Aqueous cream is a light, non-greasy moisturiser that provides a layer of oil on the surface of the skin to prevent water evaporating from the skin surface.

It is made from a mixture of emulsifying ointment (which contains paraffin oils) and water, with phenoxyethanol as an antimicrobial preservative. "

I can't believe that it's not available here. It must be used by eczema sufferers, for one thing.

Thanks

SD

Does anyone know what I'm talking about above ?

I've been out looking for it today again, but with no luck. Asking the pharmacists instead of the sales assistants just results in them wanting to sell steroid creams (when they learn that it's for eczema)

This ia an emolient cream. This info comes from netdoctor.co.uk

"Aqueous cream is a light, non-greasy moisturiser that provides a layer of oil on the surface of the skin to prevent water evaporating from the skin surface.

It is made from a mixture of emulsifying ointment (which contains paraffin oils) and water, with phenoxyethanol as an antimicrobial preservative. "

I can't believe that it's not available here. It must be used by eczema sufferers, for one thing.

Return to Boots & ask them to look up alternatives for "Diprobase ",this once worked for my daughter

Good Luck

:o Wiley Coyote

Thanks

SD

I had the same problem trying to hunt down this kind of cream, I ended up just buying and using the super thick nivea cream that comes in the blue flat tin tub. Nothing really tops aqueous creams but if your stuck then at least its an alternative until you find somewhere that stocks in. (If you do, then please post, as would be great to know).

(Also have the same problem finding savlon here..another favorite cream. Surprised because most chemists seem to stock so many types of creams and I didnt think aqueous cream and savlon would be unusual items to have available.)

Althoough I don't have eczema, I can empathise....as I have a type of dermatitis! Mmmmmmm eh - Very attractive! :D

Apart from stocking up when I go to the UK, one cream I have found which is not perfect but good for dermatitis/skin conditions on the feet is "Scholl" Cracked Heel cream... I have tried ALL the different brands here from Boots and this is the only one which provides some relief. Not 100% cured but an improvement. (It also seems to work for me on my elbows!).

Bit pricey though - 100 bt for a small 25 g tube so not ideal for all over the body! Altho' occasionally it is on 15% discount at Emporium in the Shoe section and also sometimes discounted at Boots.

The ingredients are: Aqua, Urea, Petrolatum etc etc

Might be worth a try.... Good Luck in your Quest and do feedback if you find any other such creams :o

Thanks for the replies.

Having had mild eczema off and on all my life I have some knowledge about it, and I can usually keep it fully under control wthout steroid creams, and this is normally what doctors in the UK and Hong Kong recommend before using steroids unless an outbreak is very severe/inflamed. Surely this must also be true in Thailand. I might just make an appointment with a dermatologist to see what they recommend. Perhaps aqueous cream is only available at hospital and clinic dispensaries ?

Hello

Can anyone advise where I can by Aqueous Cream ? It is readily available from Boots and all chemists in the UK but I have had no success finding it in Thailand, having checked several drugs stores as well as chains like Boots and Watsons. Part of the problem might be not knowing it's name in thai. I have even taken a tub of it, that was bought in the UK, to all the shops but each time I just receive a puzzled look and a shake of the head....And if anyone knows the name in thai (thai language preferably, or transliterated) I would be grateful.

Advice much appreciated.

Thanks

SD

A new Aqueous cream arivable in Thailand now itz call DERMANOVA ( ultra rich cream ) - Lipophilic Aqueous Waterproof . Itz Dermatological agent for dry sensitive skin.Itz Water-in-oit emulsion with dermophilic emulsifiers.Lipid content 54 percent.

And itz now arivable in Pharmacy shop inside Villa Market Silom and Langsuan . and I believe they always have a Pharmacist license on duty.

Ps.I might hv some finacial interest :o

Tiger Lily

Althoough I don't have eczema, I can empathise....as I have a type of dermatitis! Mmmmmmm eh - Very attractive! :D

Apart from stocking up when I go to the UK, one cream I have found which is not perfect but good for dermatitis/skin conditions on the feet is "Scholl" Cracked Heel cream... I have tried ALL the different brands here from Boots and this is the only one which provides some relief. Not 100% cured but an improvement. (It also seems to work for me on my elbows!).

Bit pricey though - 100 bt for a small 25 g tube so not ideal for all over the body! Altho' occasionally it is on 15% discount at Emporium in the Shoe section and also sometimes discounted at Boots.

The ingredients are: Aqua, Urea, Petrolatum etc etc

Might be worth a try.... Good Luck in your Quest and do feedback if you find any other such creams :o

If itz for all over the body you should try the Dermanova lotion.

Tiger Lily

I had the same problem trying to hunt down this kind of cream, I ended up just buying and using the super thick nivea cream that comes in the blue flat tin tub. Nothing really tops aqueous creams but if your stuck then at least its an alternative until you find somewhere that stocks in. (If you do, then please post, as would be great to know).

(Also have the same problem finding savlon here..another favorite cream. Surprised because most chemists seem to stock so many types of creams and I didnt think aqueous cream and savlon would be unusual items to have available.)

Instead of savlon why dont you try Dettol Cream.

:o

Tiger Lily