Chiang Mai Tot And Tt&t Internet Speeds

howard251

The good news is that TOT and TT&T 1024k ADSL subscribers are now automatically upgraded to 2048k. This was supposed to happen on September 13th.

The bad news for at least Chiang Mai is that after the upgrade, my International speed tests had dropped from 864 to 100. I live in Hang Dong and went to the local TOT office that services my area and informed them about the problem. They gave the standard answer to let them have a technician come out to the house. I explained that all my neighbors who also subscribe to the TOT 1024k Cyber Gold package are experiencing the same extra slow speeds, almost as bad as dial up. They informed me they will have a technician check the line and call me back.

Two days later a technician calls and said the International speed problems that have affected all of Chiang Mai is due to a Cat Telecom problem. No information as to when the issue will be resolved.

I have heard other TT&T customers say their speeds in Chiang Mai are up to over 1,200.

Today is Monday October 8th and the slow Internet problem still exists. I am just guessing when I say I think it’s a Cat Telecom bandwidth issue because if I test between 5am and 9am in the morning, I can still get speeds tests around 877. Any other time outside that four hour window is horribly slow speeds.

I wanted to switch to AT&T and try them out, but they already told me there are no phone numbers available in the Moo Bahn where I live.

Is anyone else seeing an improvement in their International speeds test or slower then ever since the alleged doubling of the International speeds?

When leaving feedback it would be appreciated if you would say who you use, TOT or TT&T

Has anyone else heard anything about what the problem is or when it might be fixed?

I am on TOT here in Chiang Mai near Hang Dong. I am signed up for the 512 package but my speeds went to about 1700 for a short while but now it is still in the pits this morning.

Just checked and in-country I am getting 1310 but after several tests internationally the best I can get is 125. This has been the case for a week or more.

I am on TOT here in Chiang Mai near Hang Dong. I am signed up for the 512 package but my speeds went to about 1700 for a short while but now it is still in the pits this morning.

Just checked and in-country I am getting 1310 but after several tests internationally the best I can get is 125. This has been the case for a week or more.

I'm surprised your in-country speeds are so high. My in-country test from Hang Dong are never more then 855, and tonight on October 9th at 9:51 pm my International download speed test to Seattle, Washington were only 81.

post-3745-1191941972_thumb.jpg

post-3745-1191942322_thumb.jpg

Edited by howard251

Weeelll.... there is a short explanation for all this: TOT are retards.

No, really.

TOT is a company that doesn't have a test network. Whenever they make a change it goes out into production and is tested ... by you, the valued customer! The effect is that stuff doesn't work a lot of times. They play it fast and loose with their customers.

TOT switched to 2048 and my speeds went down incredibly right away. Not surprising - they made a change and stuff was breaking and now they have to go and fix things up until this all works. I don't even want to know the technical details - maybe some equipment wasn't built to handle all those new higher speed connections coming in or whatever. Doesn't matter.

I keep a strict policy of calling TOT customer service whenever something doesn't work. We are all beta testers for them, the more they hear the more quickly they'll fix stuff.

Oh and if you have the chance, switch to CAT or another provider. I don't have the option up here, unfortunately.

Current status here is that speeds are fine at night - full 200KB/s downloads and speed test about 1500Kbps international - and slow down to an absolute crawl during the day.

Edited by nikster

Current status here is that speeds are fine at night - full 200KB/s downloads and speed test about 1500Kbps international - and slow down to an absolute crawl during the day.

Ahh. You all seem to forget that their sales campaign is going to well. You SHARE the line with many other people, both on your local cable back to the exchange and the rack of equipment in the exchange and also further up-line.

So at night while you surf and they sleep, speed are fantastic.

But when your "competator for bandwidth" wakes up, you fight them for bandwidth (and often lose)

Here is Pattaya, when the guys hit the Internet Cafes and nightowls wake up, I sometimes cannot even get my mail. I am writing this at 06:02 and the service is lightning. I am on T-Max

It is another example of offer what the customer wants, then ignore Customer Service and fail to increase the infrastructure. Remember this is Thailand where you are meant to shake your head and wander off not daring to question "an important person" answering you with "Mai Ko Jai"