How To Find A Bkk Apartment

andyc2006

Hi,

2 questions, one specific and one general:

1) I'd like to rent a 2-3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment/condo within walking distance (5-10 minutes) to the On Nut BTS stop. Any suggestions? I don't care much about amenities such as pools, exercise rooms, etc, but I would like the place to be nice and the unit to be high up away from the sound of the streets (ie, high-rise or multi-story unit is a positive).

2) What are the best ways to search for BKK apartments/condos online? Are there reliable/trusted websites for this?

Thanks

The best way is to do it on foot.

Walk to every building within 5-10 minutes of the On Nut station and ask to see what is available.

That's my personal preference but I'm trying to get a head start and also an idea of price ranges.

Thanks to all for the links above. From the thai visa classifieds I also found these two:

http://www.relianceps.com/

http://www.right-properties.com

Next question is, does anybody have positive/negative experiences dealing with any of these agencies? Is an agency the way to go in BKK?

When I lived in California, the best way to rent was directly through the lessor. In Boston it was using an agent. Just wondering what the story is for BKK...

1) There's a web site called www.mrroomfinder.com which lists a large number of condos and apartments. The list is pretty comprehensive, however, a bit outdated at times.

2) The Thailand Yellow pages has a large listing of condos and apartments. If you don't have a copy, call 1188 and they can send you a copy for 120 baht and a delivery charge (about 30 baht). 'Couse you could always "borrow" one from the hotel you are staying at.

Good luck! :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are looking for modern/new condo approx 70m2 with 1-2 bedrooms from Phrom Pong-Ekkamai -area, maybe further away all the way to On nut also. Our present location is Thong Lo (soi38) and we like it very much.

Requirements are Direct Telephone line, (swimming pool), quite near to BTS (nice quiet soi would be great within walking distance to BTS)

We are 2 adults and 1.5-year old girl, all foreigners.

Looking for 6 months contract for start and longer after first 6 months period.

Price range depends on the apartment but about 30-40.000 would be ok.

Please do not hesitate to contact us through PM with telephone number. Thanks!

Edited by huppe

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking for modern/new condo approx 70m2 with 1-2 bedrooms from Phrom Pong-Ekkamai -area, maybe further away all the way to On nut also. Our present location is Thong Lo (soi38) and we like it very much.

Requirements are Direct Telephone line, (swimming pool), quite near to BTS (nice quiet soi would be great within walking distance to BTS)

We are 2 adults and 1.5-year old girl, all foreigners.

Looking for 6 months contract for start and longer after first 6 months period.

Price range depends on the apartment but about 30-40.000 would be ok.

Please do not hesitate to contact us through PM with telephone number. Thanks!

This link has a map of Sukhumvit has all the apartments and condos in the area. When you click on an icon, it will give you the apartment/condo name plus approximate prices/sq.m. as well as amenities. There is also a star rating code as well.

http://www.kobayashi.co.th/Thaigo/sukhumvit/sukhumvit.htm

Since you live in Suk 38, you are probably familiar with the Sunshine Apartment complex. It not the newest complex but it has lots of open space, a swimming pool/tennis courts(very nice) and costs about 30,000 baht for a good sized 2 bedroom apartment. Their number is 02-391-0605. It is in the first soi on the right hand side of Suk 38, just after the Suk 38 Plus condos...but maybe you already live there...

Edited by mauiguy90

Thanks for the map, that is useful in the future. We used one agency to find nice apartment from Asok, bit expensive but location and house is great.

Sunshine was VERY near our previous apartment (38mansion) and didn't look so great. This 38plus condo was on the list where we chose an apartment, very nice that also. I would recommend this 38plus, but it is quite expensive, 28.000thb for 1 bedroom apartment for about 50sqm. 3 Year old building.

I'm not sure to recommed this agency yet but it seems very promising, after our 6 months period I will tell whether or not to use them :o