Younger Sister Just Lost Twins

N47HAN

Hi All,

Just had some pretty bad news......

My younger sister was rushed into hospital yesterday after bleeding ,

She went into labour and both twins were sadly stillborn .

Im just not sure when I should call her. My father has told her hes given me the news.

What the hel_l can anyone say on the phone ? Should I call straight away or leave it for a few days , she has so much to sink in, I dont want to add more to her plate now.

Not sure if there is right time , but if anyone has experienced something similar , any advice thankyou.

Hi All,

Im just not sure when I should call her. My father has told her hes given me the news.

What the hel_l can anyone say on the phone ? Should I call straight away or leave it for a few days , she has so much to sink in, I dont want to add more to her plate now.

Not sure if there is right time , but if anyone has experienced something similar , any advice thankyou.

My brother and his wife had similar experience recently. My thoughts were the same as yours so I called my sister first. She's got common sense!! First thing she said was " They want to know you care" Phone your sister, won't be easy but will mean a lot to her.

I really dont know if what i can suggest would be of any use im afraid. I havent experienced similar and only you know your sister well enough to answer your own question. But if i were in your sisters shoes, i would want to hear from you right away, even if it was an awkward bumbling call. Even telling her that you are lost for words, but that you are thinking of her and wish her strength and that you love her is enough. Its letting her know you care. If other family members have already spoken to her then maybe call one of them up first to ask advice if that helps. Personally i think the longer you leave it the more uncomfortable it will get for both parties.

Im very sorry for your sisters loss.

Hi All,

I would call her immediately. This is a very sad piece of news. I am sure your sister needs all the support she can get. I am very sorry for you and your sisters loss.

As everyone else said -- call at once. No need to say anything more than that you are terribly sorry for her loss and thinking of her. Then just listen to whatever she has to say.

And keep calling at frequent intervals, so that you provide a shoulder to cry on or someone to ventilate to if and when she needs that, and an awareness that she's got support throughout.

Thanks to all,

I have called and spoken to my sis just.

Shes obviously very upset, they are due to have the funeral later this week . :o

I asked if she wanted to get away for a bit , she and her husband should come over (my treat)

looks like they may take me up on the offer so at least ill get to see her.

glad i called , helped me strangely enough aswell.

thx again all

Great advice everyone, in my opinion.

Nathan, I am sorry for your families loss.

When my brother died, apart from Family that came around or phoned, I always remember the friend who came round to see me the very next night.

Also a couple of older Female Friends came round, I always remember them too, you did the right thing, just being there, is always enough.

Moss

Coming over to you is a great idea too. Getting away from the usual surroundings will help and perhaps stop them both thinking too much.

Agreed.

N47HAN, when you see her try to convince her that she can have plenty more kids. NOT now but in a few weeks.

My wife had a similar experience. This can be a very hard time for her and she needs ALL the love and support she can get.

I'm glad that you called her and invited her and hubbie for a change of scenery. I am sure you will have long chats and shed a few tears while she visits, but probably a good thing too.

Hey, we are not all heartless neanderthals here!!

RIP for the babies (little angels) and strength to your sis and her husband.