Dvd Guy In Thong Sala

Every time I take a trip into Thong Sala to buy a DVD from the guy that also owns "Big Bikes" his shop is closed. I need some new DVD's. Did he get closed down or is he on holiday? I remember one time I was in there he was paying off the police. Maybe his pirated video shop got shut down? Does anyone on Phangan know anything about this?

Sorry, I haven't noticed. I'll look next time I go to town. What time of day do you usually go into town?

it varies when i go, but when i do, i usually will have a look around in his shop for a dvd or to see if they have anything new in. now every time i've gone it has been closed. i think maybe for about a week or so now.

Edited by mrt273nva

Have you tried asking the woman at the Island book store a few doors down? Her english is quite good and she would probably have an idea. Or ask at Becks Beer bar, they might know as well.

If he is closed you could drive to Hadrin (ugh) :o

Rainy season and low season means many shops are open on random days; no customers means no need to work!

btw, nice advertising for the guy: maybe you also want to broadcast where you buy other illegal items, substances...

:o

Is there a good piratcopy dvd shop in ban rak? Hahahaha.

Just kidding.

:D

Rainy season and low season means many shops are open on random days; no customers means no need to work!

btw, nice advertising for the guy: maybe you also want to broadcast where you buy other illegal items, substances...

Its a real small island and he is on the main road in the main town. Everyone is well aware of what shops are where and what they sell.

it's not illegal. I saw him pay for his temporary sales permit of pirated dvd's to the police. Maybe he can't afford to make his operation legal anymore because he was complaining how expensive it was every month.

he has been closed for awhile as have most shops since there was some holiday last week, but he opened again yesterday. i just got a couple flicks today... at this time of year it is very frustrating when he's closed as there is not much to do other than watch movies!!!!

at this time of year it is very frustrating when he's closed as there is not much to do other than watch movies!!!!

unfortunately I have to agree with you. Not many customers, more rain, nothing to do. Lots of days spent in the pajamas in front of the TV watching DVD's.

it's not illegal. I saw him pay for his temporary sales permit of pirated dvd's to the police. Maybe he can't afford to make his operation legal anymore because he was complaining how expensive it was every month.

Pirate-dvds is not illegal? Since when?

Paying the Koh phagnan police makes pirate dvds legal? Did Warner agree on this, hahaha?

Every time I take a trip into Thong Sala to buy a DVD from the guy that also owns "Big Bikes" his shop is closed. I need some new DVD's. Did he get closed down or is he on holiday? I remember one time I was in there he was paying off the police. Maybe his pirated video shop got shut down? Does anyone on Phangan know anything about this?

Why are you missing him ?

Movies you can get better quality by downloading them from the internet, all newer movies he sells most of the time are 'Screen Copies'.

His 'Big Bikes' are a joke ... either +15 years old trashed up jap. imports or even worser ... Platinum Chopper made in China ... :o

Pirate-dvds is not illegal? Since when?

Paying the Koh phagnan police makes pirate dvds legal? Did Warner agree on this, hahaha?

i think the sarcasm went right over your head. i was implying that 2 wrongs make a right here on this island. illegal pirated movies plus bribery makes it ok.

Why are you missing him ?

Movies you can get better quality by downloading them from the internet, all newer movies he sells most of the time are 'Screen Copies'.

His 'Big Bikes' are a joke ... either +15 years old trashed up jap. imports or even worser ... Platinum Chopper made in China ... :o

where do you download these movies?

the guy always allows me to check the quality of the movies before i buy them. if he knows that there is a crappy quality movie he will tell me even before he puts it in his own dvd player. i can't stand watching the camcorder movies to the point that i refuse to even own a copy that is any less than 100%