Funds Transfer

I have just transfered some funds from my uk bank account to my thai bank account by swift transfer.My uk bank have given me a fax confirming the money as been sent but i cannot get any confirmation from my thai bank that the money as been put into my account .can any one give me any advice as i would like to tansfer some more funds to thailand but am not going until end of January and that seems to be the only way i will get to know that the money is in the account,it is the first time that i have done this so it is all a bit new to me thanks for any advice given

Who's your bank in Thailand? Could try emailing but Thai banks rarely reply to emails. Your bank in UK should be able to provide a written confirmation (not just fax) of key details. As long as the account name, number, address etc are correct, you're pretty safe. TT and swift transfers are one of the safest possible methods of transferring money. Only thing you may not know is the rate applied. Your UK bank may / may not be able to get that for you. More difficult if you transferred in GBP to be converted onshore.

If email, and phone prove difficult, you could always try fax:

If that fails, if you've got any good friends in here, you could perhaps draft a "power of attorney letter", plus a signed copy of your passport, and authorise them to go and check your bank account balance. Suggest balance only, and be very spefic what they can and cannot do. :o I've done this myself in the past for asking someone to pick up ATM cards on my behalf etc in different countries

Next time you're here, try and set yourself up with internet banking.

Edited by fletchthai68

Who's your bank in Thailand? Could try emailing but Thai banks rarely reply to emails. Your bank in UK should be able to provide a written confirmation (not just fax) of key details. As long as the account name, number, address etc are correct, you're pretty safe. TT and swift transfers are one of the safest possible methods of transferring money. Only thing you may not know is the rate applied. Your UK bank may / may not be able to get that for you. More difficult if you transferred in GBP to be converted onshore.

If email, and phone prove difficult, you could always try fax:

If that fails, if you've got any good friends in here, you could perhaps draft a "power of attorney letter", plus a signed copy of your passport, and authorise them to go and check your bank account balance. Suggest balance only, and be very spefic what they can and cannot do. :o I've done this myself in the past for asking someone to pick up ATM cards on my behalf etc in different countries

Next time you're here, try and set yourself up with internet banking.

Thanks for reply very helpful