Looking For Electrician And Plumber

ZEAK

Managed to get in touch with the plumber that is listed in the pinned thread on the CM forum. He sounded alright, did not give a quote as he needs to see the unit and the drawings first. One thing that worries me though, is when I mentioned I need an electrician as well, he informed us that he can do that too! I guess I am just not used to contractors here that are "jack of all trades". So, if anyone does know of an electrician, I am still searching for one. Even if I just use them for a quotation for comparison purposes.

Cheers

Managed to get in touch with the plumber that is listed in the pinned thread on the CM forum. He sounded alright, did not give a quote as he needs to see the unit and the drawings first. One thing that worries me though, is when I mentioned I need an electrician as well, he informed us that he can do that too! I guess I am just not used to contractors here that are "jack of all trades". So, if anyone does know of an electrician, I am still searching for one. Even if I just use them for a quotation for comparison purposes.

Cheers

Hey, Z, if you happen to find a good electrician, please let me know--just bought a house and may be looking to do some remodeling, including some electrical stuff.

Thanks...

Cheers

You might get and check some references for his plumbing and electrical work before decide. He could be good at both skills since they are not complicated for small jobs. I had a guy build for me twice who did it ALL including steel roof framing, cabinets and tile and he was great. Unfortunately he is no longer available.

Cheers

Hey, Z, if you happen to find a good electrician, please let me know--just bought a house and may be looking to do some remodeling, including some electrical stuff.

Thanks...

Will do. If I use him and he is good, I will let you know. But if you happen to find one yourself, please drop me a line with their details.

Cheers

Cheers

You might get and check some references for his plumbing and electrical work before decide. He could be good at both skills since they are not complicated for small jobs. I had a guy build for me twice who did it ALL including steel roof framing, cabinets and tile and he was great. Unfortunately he is no longer available.

Sound logic indeed. I will be sure to ask about past projects. Thanks.

Im looking for a competent electrician and plumber for a small condo job. Anyone have any good experiences with contractors in CM?

Thanks much.

Try Khun Chai 0898357848. He's a competent electrician who's done several jobs for me over the last year, maybe not the cheapest but he does good work. He was recommended by another Farang and I know several Farang who've used him without problems. He speaks some English.

Apparently Chai can also do plumbing, I've not used him for that but would trust him given his general handworking skills. You should consider they don't really have plumbers in Thailand same as we would say in the west. Any old cowboy can glue blue plastic pipe together, I know my landlord uses some who purports to be a plumber. But, every time he's done stuff in my house its had to be redone by someone else.......

I'm in the market too for a reasonably competent plumber. If anyone has a name or contact number for one then that'd be awesome.

But yeah, just about everyone here is a 'jack of all trades', they'd have to be. Even when they don't do certain work themselves, they'll contract out. The interior decorator person I use does almost nothing herself, but always comes up with competent people and oversees their work very well.

I don't have his number handy, but Prathom is an excellent electrician and is listed above in the file.

Hi,

I tried to call the numbers listed for Prathom, but both were not working. If you happen to have a current number for him that would be great.

Cheers man

Im looking for a competent electrician and plumber for a small condo job. Anyone have any good experiences with contractors in CM?

Thanks much.

Try Khun Chai 0898357848. He's a competent electrician who's done several jobs for me over the last year, maybe not the cheapest but he does good work. He was recommended by another Farang and I know several Farang who've used him without problems. He speaks some English.

Apparently Chai can also do plumbing, I've not used him for that but would trust him given his general handworking skills. You should consider they don't really have plumbers in Thailand same as we would say in the west. Any old cowboy can glue blue plastic pipe together, I know my landlord uses some who purports to be a plumber. But, every time he's done stuff in my house its had to be redone by someone else.......

Much thanks for the contact. I will give him a call and see what comes of it. The more quotes the better. Nice to hear about a contractor that others are satisfied with.

Have a good one!

I'm in the market too for a reasonably competent plumber. If anyone has a name or contact number for one then that'd be awesome.

But yeah, just about everyone here is a 'jack of all trades', they'd have to be. Even when they don't do certain work themselves, they'll contract out. The interior decorator person I use does almost nothing herself, but always comes up with competent people and oversees their work very well.

Try Dang. I was just in contact with him and will be meeting him to go over my project. His main skill is plumbing. Could you pass me the details of your interior decorator? I am having issues sourcing some materials, she might be able to help. Thanks.

Dang

Mobile# 081 883 8039

Although I only rent I am doing a some rewiring and a new bathroom.

I was recommended a plumber/electrician. He's a nice chap and seems steady and neat. He did not however understand what a ring main was, nor how to calculate simple volt/amp/watt/resistance formulas. I am trying to help educate him rather than changing.

When I asked him to do a little run of copper he said he'd never done it before. This is so I can get hot to the basin and kitchen sink too. The kitchen is outside several metres away. I think galvanised would sink the heat for a bit longer than is desirable (is this true?), so I choose copper. Problem is.....yes, he's never done copper before. I have however.

Can anyone suggest a way I can use copper for this one small job but do it economically without buying blowtorch etc? Or is there a heat resistant plastic that can also go in a wall.....I have been told the blue stuff is not up to it....is there another grade?

Edited by sleepyjohn

Chaang Saelee has done good electrical work for me recently. Speaks Thai only and usually has a busy schedule which shows others like his work also. Reasonable prices and recommendations. 087 177 0662 is his phone.

Many thanks Bill97! You have been more than forthcoming with your knowledge of contractors. Its people like you that operate on a basis of SHARING, instead of hording, that make life in Thailand for all of us expats....that more enjoyable. Keep it up!

Best,

ZEAK

Although I only rent I am doing a some rewiring and a new bathroom.

I was recommended a plumber/electrician. He's a nice chap and seems steady and neat. He did not however understand what a ring main was, nor how to calculate simple volt/amp/watt/resistance formulas. I am trying to help educate him rather than changing.

When I asked him to do a little run of copper he said he'd never done it before. This is so I can get hot to the basin and kitchen sink too. The kitchen is outside several metres away. I think galvanised would sink the heat for a bit longer than is desirable (is this true?), so I choose copper. Problem is.....yes, he's never done copper before. I have however.

Can anyone suggest a way I can use copper for this one small job but do it economically without buying blowtorch etc? Or is there a heat resistant plastic that can also go in a wall.....I have been told the blue stuff is not up to it....is there another grade?

They do not use ring mains here sj, that is why he did not understand

As hot water systems are also unusual, the normal person to do this would be a guy who does aircon. They charge by the metre! It can therefore work out very expensive, but for a small job, no problem. They braze the joints rather than solder them, which is overkill, but I suppose that comes from the aircon experience.

Thanks much.

Nong is a master electrician with about 8 or 10 yrs. experience. He does good quality work and is honest and fair. Has his own shop but speaks only Thai. Phone number is 0861825546. I recommend him highly.

Chok dee.

Ginny

Or is there a heat resistant plastic that can also go in a wall.....I have been told the blue stuff is not up to it....is there another grade?

There is a grey plastic pipe designed and used for hot water systems available. It is a pipe that is used in other parts of the world. It requires some special equipment for installation because it needs heat to seal the joints (an electrical heating unit). Few plumbers can do it but the solar water people use it and probably some others would be able to install it.

THankyou Bigfish and Bill97

Funnily enough Bigfish yesterday I just happened to run into a guy who had a pipe bender in his hand.

Ahh I said are you a chung papa.....do you do tong dang? I'm a chung air and yes I do do copper says he, so you're absolutely right an aircon man is the one.

I won't bother with heat sealed plastic thanx Bill. In the UK now flexible plastic pipe is approved even for central heating, it's like a strong stiffish hose and uses a type of compression joint. Very easy, expected to have a very long life, more expensive than copper....was four years ago anyway. Marvellously quick because you can just ease it around joists where you'd have to make a dogleg in copper. If that plastic fails early there will be a claim nightmare that would make 9/11 look piffling. It won't.

I don't have his number handy, but Prathom is an excellent electrician and is listed above in the file.

Hi,

I tried to call the numbers listed for Prathom, but both were not working. If you happen to have a current number for him that would be great.

Cheers man

The number I have works. 08-170-66939

Hi,

Cheers man

The number I have works. 08-170-66939

Many thanks Ajarn, I will give him a buzz.

Best,