Where Is Isetan Dept Store, Central World?

Asiacat

I will be coming up to Bangkok from Pattaya on Monday to do a bit of shopping.

I want to visit the Kinokuniya Bangkok Store:-

The address given on their website is :-

Bangkok Store6th Floor, Isetan Department Store, Central World 4/1-4/2, Rajdamri Road, Pathumwan Bangkok 10330 Where exactly is this and what is the best way to get there from Ekamai Bus Station.

Is it near a sky train station or would I need to get a taxi?

It is connected by footbridge from Chitlom skytrain station.

There should be a map and signs in the station to point you in the right direction.

Find Central World first, Isetan is inside Central World.

Edited by Orion76

If your intent is to visit Kinokuniya, I would suggest the Siam Paragon branch instead, it is huge. There's also one in Emporium but it's about half the size of the Paragon branch.

Thanks for that. However I have done a search for a specific book on their website and they only have it in stock in the Bangkok store.

If your intent is to visit Kinokuniya, I would suggest the Siam Paragon branch instead, it is huge. There's also one in Emporium but it's about half the size of the Paragon branch.

Thanks for that. However I have done a search for a specific book on their website and they only have it in stock in the Bangkok store.

Umm... all three of these locations are in Bangkok...

Umm... all three of these locations are in Bangkok...

True, but it's Kinokuniya themselves that call the one in Central Wold Plaza for their Bangkok store.

From their website:

BKK Store:

Central World Plaza, Isetan 6th Floor, Rajdamri Road, Bangkok

SKV Store:

The Emporium Shopping Complex, 3rd Floor, Sukhumvit 24 Road, Bangkok

SPG Store:

Siam Paragon 3rd Level, Rama 1 Road, Bangkok

To the OP. You could actually easily visit all three stores if you so wish as they are all very close to Sky Train stations:

The BKK store (as previously mentioned) - Chit Lom station

SKV store - Phrom Pong station

SPG store - Siam station

Sophon

Well, that was their original store so no wonder they coded it BKK - but I think calling it the Bangkok store is kind of misleading. Ah well - thanks for the clarification.

Anyhow - good luck finding the book - Isetan is the opposite end of Central World, towards the klong, so if you take the BTS, make sure that when you enter Zen from the skytrain, you walk clear across to the other end of the corridor, taking the escalators up to the 6th floor should put you very near the location.

What book is it you're looking for? Only Kiku at BKK got it?

Neuro-linguistic Programming for Dummies.

Book comes up as located at Sukhumvit Store = Emporium.

Regards

Cheers for that.

It came up as Bangkok Store on Saturday.

I guess what I need to do is check all 3 bookstores. One of them should have it.

Given your schedule you may not see this first, but the book you asked for is on shelf EB 118 at the Emporium branch, {may be in others I don't know} or at least was at 8 this evening.

Regards

/edit remove unnecessary quotes//

Edited by A_Traveller

Given your schedule you may not see this first, but the book you asked for is on shelf EB 118 at the Emporium branch, {may be in others I don't know} or at least was at 8 this evening.

Talk about going all the way... I was there earlier but didn't think to look for the book as I had three kids to deal with... plus I would never have thought to check the shelf number! Kudos, A_Traveller.

sometimes this board is really a Sweetheart.... :o

didnt know Kinokunya has such a "search" function (too bad their membership-card is not free of charge and entitles you only to 5% discount, whereas Asiabooks gives you 10% and sometimes even more and the membership is usually free, but of course their shops are much much smaller).

went to a BOOKAZINE shop lately and asked if they can order a specific book, and the reply I got was: "in about four weeks....... we will KNOW "IF" we can order it for you, and then we will tell you how long it takes to actually DELIVER it"..... lovely, innit ?

sometimes this board is really a Sweetheart.... :o

didnt know Kinokunya has such a "search" function (too bad their membership-card is not free of charge and entitles you only to 5% discount, whereas Asiabooks gives you 10% and sometimes even more and the membership is usually free, but of course their shops are much much smaller).

That's one thing why Thais don't read much. Books are pricey and no support from any who concern.

Regards

/edit remove unnecessary quotes//

Thanks for that - I got the book this afternoon. :o