Airport Limousine 1500 Baht Special Price

kevc

Tell me if I'm wrong but after all the posts on here condemning the rip off limousine services for 600 - 1000 baht from the airport Thai Visa Travel has joined the club with a "special" fare of 1500 baht.

Tell me if I'm wrong but after all the posts on here condemning the rip off limousine services for 600 - 1000 baht from the airport Thai Visa Travel has joined the club with a "special" fare of 1500 baht.

If that is indeed true, can I just say how much I love posting to threads that are about to be deleted ...

Kevc,

Thanks for your post and comments.

I think it is important to point out that this is a premium limo service, which of course is not for everyone. Given that it is a premium service, the prices are reflective of this. Though I think if you compare the service to other providers of similar services, I think you'll find that the prices are competitive.

Please remember, that when using the service you'll be carried in a high quality, late model Teana or other high end vehicle. This may not be an ideal service for some of our readership in a number of situations, but people may find services like this suitable in a number of other circumstances, especially when you are travelling in larger groups, or on business (and the company is picking up the tab :o ) or when you are travelling outside of BKK and want a bit of extra comfort after a long flight from Europe, US or Australia.

We are also happy to remind readers here, especially those who are new to Bangkok and Thailand, that of course, public meter taxi's are also freely available for those who don't wish to avail themselves to this service, and are available directly outside the arrivals all on the concourse there. The price a public taxi, as we all know, is 50 baht plus the meter price.

From a personal perspective, while I don't always use limo services such as this, when travelling with my family (and baby) I find the limo's extremely good value, comfortable and above all safe. They have seatbelts in front and back seat. The boot/trunk is also alot bigger too, which is great if you have alot of baggage. The cars don't have a bad smell of B.O that you regularly find in a BKK taxi, drivers are courteous, drive safely and know where they are going.

I also use these type of limo's when I have friends visiting Thailand for the first time. BKK is an extremely overwhelming place, and if I can't personally go pick them up, I very often book one a limo of some sort to greet them at the airport. It means that you are whisked away from the airport quite quickly smoothly, and it creates a nicer introduction to Thailand that can sometimes happen when you are queuing in the heat for a taxi.

As many readers know, I'm a Bangkok local, and have been for many years. While I avoid rip offs like the next guy, I don't consider services like these to be a rip off. I'm also not being paid a dime to write what I've just written.

Kind regards

Samran

Thai Visa Moderating Team.

Going from the new airport to patters , if you stay at the penthouse you can arrange for there "limo" to pick you up fro the airport.

It comes complete with blacked out windows , beer , spirits and two or three "kittens"

not sure of the cost nor have i ever done it but sounds like it could de-stress anyone after a flight into bkk :o

anyone ever used this "limo" service ?

be intresting to here a review about it

Going from the new airport to patters , if you stay at the penthouse you can arrange for there "limo" to pick you up fro the airport.

It comes complete with blacked out windows , beer , spirits and two or three "kittens"

not sure of the cost nor have i ever done it but sounds like it could de-stress anyone after a flight into bkk :o

anyone ever used this "limo" service ?

be intresting to here a review about it

I'm not sure of the TV Limo service would offer these optional extras. I'm sure though, that the two or three kittens will only be there for conversation, not doubt :D

Of course they are rip offs just as the old Bt700 into Bangers from Don Muang was a rip off.

DM to the JW Marriott on Soi 2 for around Bt200 and less if they knew the daytime way through the tobacco monopoly.

Not all taxis stink of BO. Some "limos" will stink as well.

Drivers may know where to go or may not. I've had limo drivers who could not find Pattaya nevermind my condo.

If you want a limo to a certain hotel and don't mind a rip off price then get one from your hotel because he will definately know where he is going then. If you have half a brain and are not stupid, get a meter taxi.

Of course they are rip offs just as the old Bt700 into Bangers from Don Muang was a rip off.

DM to the JW Marriott on Soi 2 for around Bt200 and less if they knew the daytime way through the tobacco monopoly.

Not all taxis stink of BO. Some "limos" will stink as well.

Drivers may know where to go or may not. I've had limo drivers who could not find Pattaya nevermind my condo.

If you want a limo to a certain hotel and don't mind a rip off price then get one from your hotel because he will definately know where he is going then. If you have half a brain and are not stupid, get a meter taxi.

Thank you, I couldn't have put it better myself 1,200 baht extra for a 30 minute ride.