Guesthouse Or Budget Hotel In Pattaya

As per the topic title. Would prefer something not too far from Pattaya beach, say within a 15 minute walk or so. Would prefer an area that's less touristy, no package tours etc. A bit of a local scene would be great.

The PS GuestHouse on Soi Yamamoto has just the room for a class act like yourself

As per the topic title. Would prefer something not too far from Pattaya beach, say within a 15 minute walk or so. Would prefer an area that's less touristy, no package tours etc. A bit of a local scene would be great.

The PS GuestHouse on Soi Yamamoto has just the room for a class act like yourself

Try Mike Hotel & Resort Pattaya City,Opposite to Pattaya Beach.Convenient to shopping, beach, business and entertainment areas.

Standard 900 baht/ night

goodluck.

I used to stay in the PS Guest House about 10 years ago and it was a dive and shit hole back then, god knows what it's degraded too now. Back then it was a short time hotel for Thai men taking street walkers back so you can imagine how the rooms were.

I was only a teenager at the time so didn't care but even I wouldn't dare go back there any more.

Sawatdee hotels are ok for 500b and the White Inn is ok for 500b on the 2nd road and very close to Waling street and the grotty shitty south Beach :o

I used to stay in the PS Guest House about 10 years ago and it was a dive and shit hole back then, god knows what it's degraded too now. Back then it was a short time hotel for Thai men taking street walkers back so you can imagine how the rooms were.

I was only a teenager at the time so didn't care but even I wouldn't dare go back there any more.

Sawatdee hotels are ok for 500b and the White Inn is ok for 500b on the 2nd road and very close to Waling street and the grotty shitty south Beach :o

PS Guest House was redone its great now Miss and I go their for a rest. At least check it out You will enjoy

Ok I'm back!! Thanks everyone, well, almost everyone. :o

Got a great room with aircon and fridge for 300 baht, in between Third Road and Soi Bua Khao which incidentally Google Maps seems to know as Soi Kasem Sawann.. It's a really cool area with really good prices for just about anything. And public transport just a short walk away from either Third, Second or SBK.

Great weather too.. I don't understand sometimes why people would try to go to Samui this time of year.

So the beach was good, and the nightlife really, really interesting. Two things stood out: On Walking Street there's an upstairs Vodka bar where they have an 'arctic room' that they manage to chill to -18 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) degrees centigrade. There's a themometer display on the building that indicates the current temperature.. This is an absolute HORRIFIC experience.. When you hurry out (you honestly don't want to spend more time in there than it takes to down a Vodka), you feel like condensing up on the inside as well as out. This can't possibly be healthy.. But it IS an exeperience.

Also in the 'not very healthy' category though perhaps more on the mental-health side is "Windmill", I forgot where it was but it was somewhere off Walking Street... By that time I had enough vodka and other stuff down to sort of see the mellow side of it, but it was pretty 'in yer face' if you know what I mean. A class-act like myself was happy I got to finish the remainder of the banana; an excellent (and free) source of potassium, and god knows what else. :D

Then, American Fried Rice Breakfast on Beach Road.. Just about any bar you can order food from just about any other place within the whole of Pattaya it seems.. You can actually just sit down at a bar, order a beer at 10 in the morning without anyone even beginning to think this is strange, and name just about any dish to the staff and they will go get it somewhere.. brilliant!

Made a friend and she took me to Same Beach ("Sa-may"?) on an island somewhere. Very pretty, (the beach, specifically) and again no shortage of food and drinks... Life is Good. :D (Yes, also on 300 baht accommodation a day; the best things in life aren't truly about spending wads of cash.)

Edited by TheEmperorOfTheNorth