Internet Connection?

dare

I have just arrived in koh samui , Lamai. i need so help with what is the best way to get an inter net connection

I live behind lamai temple an my wire less lap top can not pick up the IT centre service . i have an N95 nokia phone that has inter net and am with AIS one 2 call is ther anyway i can use this as a modem ? if so how . any suggestions please Thanks in advance for your reply regards Dare :o:D:D:D:D

you should be able to use your phone as a modem- call AIS (1175) and tell them to send the GPRS info to your phone. then connect your phone to your computer via USB or bluetooth. you should be able to use nokia pc suite to set up your connection.... connect via the access number *99***1# and leave the username/pass blank. off you go.

I think, he has also to buy some internet connecting time.

20 hours at 100 baht, best you go to a mobile shop and they can do for you.

But Bluetooth is not a very quick line.........

If you have to work more with the inet, better go to IC center Lamai.

thanks for all your help . I have an apple mac book and i can not find the ash key on the keyboard please help .

Thanks in advance for your help

regards dee :o:D:D:D

thanks for all your help . I have an apple mac book and i can not find the ash key on the keyboard please help .

Thanks in advance for your help

regards dee :o:D:D:D

Is not above the numeric 3? 3 = #

20 hours=100 bath ???

are you sure, wifi is much more expensive.

and any cybercafe is around 1 bath per minute...

Connection through 12call/AIS is most definitely 20 hours for 100 baht. Go over that tho and your costs will skyrocket.

You do not have to go to a phone shop to buy it, just call 12call and they will charge your phone and set everything up. I didn't need to input any user name or password when using my phone as a modem and since the OP's phone is pretty advanced, he probably won't have to either.

It is not super fast and I'd recommend going someplace with a fast connection to download Nokia PC Suite if you don't have it already. It is a fairly large program.

I think, 20 hours at 100 Baht was the minimum to choose(not sure), but you can also buy 50 or 100 hours if you need.

With *139 you can check your remaining time whenever you want.

I bought definitely 20 hours, but they creditet to me 2400 minutes, maybe something like a promotion....

I think, 20 hours at 100 Baht was the minimum to choose(not sure), but you can also buy 50 or 100 hours if you need.

With *139 you can check your remaining time whenever you want.

I bought definitely 20 hours, but they creditet to me 2400 minutes, maybe something like a promotion....

Thanks once aging for all your help and support however i can not find the #key on my keyboard . I use an apple mac book laptop.

I have also contacted UBC and they will provide me a service does anyone have any expriecence using this service? please let me know .They said this will take a week to sent up

Thanks inadvance for your reply

Regards Dee :o:D:D:D

I didn't need to input any access number or anything into my computer. I plugged my phone into my laptop, started up Nokia PC suite and the data was already there, input into the phone by 12call presumably. Clicked connect to the internet in PC Suite. And it connected without asking for any information at all.

I didn't need to input any access number or anything into my computer. I plugged my phone into my laptop, started up Nokia PC suite and the data was already there, input into the phone by 12call presumably. Clicked connect to the internet in PC Suite. And it connected without asking for any information at all.

apple mac book is not compatable with the nokia software .does any one know where the #key is on a mac book keyboard?