Krabi 10/1/08 - 14/1/08

bubblepearl

well..this maybe a repeat posting but it is a tricky period.

Any reco for hotel that is below 3000bht during this period, most of the hotels are jerking the rates pretty high..:o

thks in advanced

AoNang Terrace Hotel - 2000 Baht at Sawadee.com

cheers

onzestan

onzestan, thks!

Just check online, standard room is abt 2800 per nite..any more reco? thks!

Best is if they have transfer avalible as i will only be rch krabi airport at 2200hrs ..:o

At www.sawadee.com the listed price for standard rrom is 2.000 Baht.

As for transfer plenty of taxi's available at the airport.

Don't forget to inform hotel of your late check-in.

cheers

onzestan

What is the Pavillion hotel like on Ao Nang Beach, is it near the main area & restaurants??

We are due to be coming to Krabi for 3 nights in mid-November, can anyone give me a current weather report?

Any recomended car hire companies in Krabi with full insurance, not too expensive

For under 2000 bht you could stay at the Verandah, booking it online is 1550bht, walk in and its 1800 for the same large spacious room, tv, refridgerator, hot shower, safe box in the room, complimentary breakfast and of course a cool verandah to sit out on......... you also get use of the swimming pool and free secure parking at the Peace Laguna resort which is just 1 minute down the road. Highly recommended for the price and far cheaper thanmost other places....... you can look it up on the web and book online through Sawasdee.com amongst many other agents..............

I just returned home from Krabi..........truly wonderful place to visit especially the islands and Wat Tham Seau but otherwise I found it to be very expensive. The local shops gouge the tourists who may not appreciate the value of the goods they are receiving like 99 bht caps sold here for 250bht, 49 bht flip flops for 180 bht, 150bht dress for 550bht, renting snorkel and mask for150bht per day when you can buy it outright for 50bht more........ In the end I just didnt bother asking the price of anything pretty anymore knowing that all prices are exhorbitant. my best advice is to leave your shopping until you return to BKK because everything you see in Krabi, you can buy in Chatujak Sunday market at real bargain prices

As for eating out at night, unless you are flush with lots of holiday cash I think its best to save your money because the quality is not that good considering the prices. If you have transport, you could box clever and visit the local Tesco Lotus for some really delicious food and drink and keep it in the refridgerator back at the hotel to snack on whenever you feel peckish.

Hope this helps in some small way but please do go and enjoy Krabi, it is so so beautiful, calm and family orientated, a real pleasure for all the senses

JAF