Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (egd)

Flow

Does anyone know and recommend a hospital where I can have an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) done. The doctor suggested I go for an EGD but at Bangkok Hospital the cost is 8000 Baht. A bit pricy I thought. Anyone recommend another good hospital for this that charges less.

Thanks

Does anyone know and recommend a hospital where I can have an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) done. The doctor suggested I go for an EGD but at Bangkok Hospital the cost is 8000 Baht. A bit pricy I thought. Anyone recommend another good hospital for this that charges less.

Thanks

It is the guy behind the scope that's important. Select that first, then the price..

As my teachers used to say, the most important part of a stethoscope... is the one that fits between the earpieces..

8000 is not bad!

I am sure that Bumrungrad and BNH would be more.

I had gastroscope and colonoscope, 2 different tubes, at Phyatai Hospital past Victory Monument. This also meant an anaesthetic and one night in a bed, plus biopsy of lumps plus tablets. All in all about 40,000. Luckily my insurance paid. I was quids in because my annual premium is about 33,000.

There are some '2nd' level hospitals which are cheaper but still ok for basic procedures. I use Paolo Memorial at Saphan Kwai. It's local and fine. St Louis is known to be cheaper than the big boys cos it's a Christian Charity place. Again, I have used it and it's fine. It's still a big modern hospital.

P