Connecting From Airasia To Ba To Sydney

With all the horror stories around, I am becoming increasingly worried that 1hr. 15 minutes is not enough time to connect between AirAsia ETA 3.45pm from CNX to BA to Sydney at 5:05pm.

I will only have carry on baggage and my air miles put me in First Class of BA so presumably no waiting at check in there. I will sit in front of AirAsia flight due to age so should be first off in BKK.

As I understand it, I just go up two levels from Arrivals to Departures and traverse the airport from left to right as you look at the entry doors.

I travel so seldom now that your help would be much appreciated. I wil be arriving the morning of my grand daughters birthday party so not missing the flight is important to me. The alternative is a ETA 12:45 flight from CNX and an over four hour layover.

Obstacles in my path would be check in (no problem) and then outgoing immigration and security screening to the gate? Seems like time alloted is adequate but would very much appreciate experienced BKK Airport travelers advice.

since the other domestic airlines moved to DMK, AIRASIA is almost always on time, mostly even AHEAD of scheduled time (as they are extremely strict when it comes to check-in-times, means if you arrive 43 minutes before departure, the check-in-counter will most probably be closed already).

but: there is a huge risk flying ANY airline if u only leave 1.15 between the flights, particularly as u connect from domestic to international. I would leave at least 2,5 hours between the flights. in your case, as u fly 1st class on BA as u say, it may make sense to contact BA beforehand and tell them that u might be late, and ask for a phone number of the airport-office.

so, if u realize ur flight departing CNX is leaving late, u could call them and tell them that you are a first class passenger and will arrive late. I am sure they will try to make everything possible for you.

but again, what is 4 hours transit compared to the danger of missing an intercontinental flight. Suwannaphum is better than its name, and there are PLENTY of decent coffee-shops or restaurants on the floor between departure and arrival halls, where u can easily spend ur time, reading the BKK Post or buy an english Mag...... and u fly first class, so u will have - even much more convenient - access to the first class lounge, with free flow of drinks, snacks abound and comfortable lush armchairs....

Sound advice from Thailiban there. I've no experience with tight connections at Sawannapum but I would not consider 1 hour 15 sufficient time for domestic to international at any airport. First class or not they will not miss their ATC slot for anybody lower than monarchy.

Sound advice from Thailiban there. I've no experience with tight connections at Sawannapum but I would not consider 1 hour 15 sufficient time for domestic to international at any airport. First class or not they will not miss their ATC slot for anybody lower than monarchy.

Returned home to Perth Oz in Jan 07 CNX-BKK- PER. Trust me you need more than Ihr 15min between flights. I am 65+ and you needed a cut lunch and a waterbag to get from where the CNX flight lets you down and where you board the Perth flight and that was Thai Airways all the way.

With all the horror stories around, I am becoming increasingly worried that 1hr. 15 minutes is not enough time to connect between AirAsia ETA 3.45pm from CNX to BA to Sydney at 5:05pm.

I will only have carry on baggage and my air miles put me in First Class of BA so presumably no waiting at check in there. I will sit in front of AirAsia flight due to age so should be first off in BKK.

As I understand it, I just go up two levels from Arrivals to Departures and traverse the airport from left to right as you look at the entry doors.

I travel so seldom now that your help would be much appreciated. I wil be arriving the morning of my grand daughters birthday party so not missing the flight is important to me. The alternative is a ETA 12:45 flight from CNX and an over four hour layover.

Obstacles in my path would be check in (no problem) and then outgoing immigration and security screening to the gate? Seems like time alloted is adequate but would very much appreciate experienced BKK Airport travelers advice.

You should definitely check wit BA in Thailand re: your connection. AFAIK you will not be able to clear Immigration in CNX so you will have to check-in with BA at BKK, then clear Immigration. I do not believe this meets the MCT (minimum connection time); that is to say you must have two separate tickets as no airline would issue a single itinerary with this connection time. I seriously doubt you'd make the connection remembering that most Int'l carriers (at BKK) close check-in 45 min. before departure, giving you a 30 min. window. If you enjoy stress and suspense, and can afford to miss the BA flight, then keep this itin. Otherwise consider a 4 hour layover.

Thank you all for your uniform and therefore sound advice. I doubt I am unique in requiring others to confirm what I already know but need confirmation.

The change of booking fee is well worth the elimination of the anxiety that this too close booking has created already and would weigh on my mind for the months between now and the date of departure.

I called in and changed the booking to the earlier flight and sighed with relief just before posting this thanks.

In most cases you'll get away with it however, personally I wouldn't consider nothing short of 24 hours adequate for transfer from any Low Cost Carrier to a Full Service Carrier. I know I'm probably going over the top but, I just wouldn't risk it & I can't believe anyone would risk throwing a first class flight away by attempting a 1 hour 15 minute connection as stated by the OP.