Fuel Shortage

Mai Krap

With all the hype on saving fuel Im suprised we have not been given the National Park plan of conservation on fuel prices. Thai national 20 tb entry fee, falang 200 tb entry fee. Thai national 50 tb to fill up moped with petro, falang 200 tb to fill up moped with petro. Im suprised nobody has instituted this plan already.

With all the hype on saving fuel Im suprised we have not been given the National Park plan of conservation on fuel prices. Thai national 20 tb entry fee, falang 200 tb entry fee. Thai national 50 tb to fill up moped with petro, falang 200 tb to fill up moped with petro. Im suprised nobody has instituted this plan already.

Great idea!!! I will drop it off in the Thaksin suggestion box the next time I am in his neighborhood.

:o Hows about cutting the number of Songtaews by half, so the ones remaining will be half full, instead of wasting fuel jostling for nonexistant customers. Or have half of them work one day and the other half the next. They would still make the same money, but use half the fuel and have more time off. Sounds sensible to me.

Get yourself a Thai Driving License and you will only pay 20 Baht in National Parks also.

It is not an Farang charge, it is Tourist price. If a Farang has a Thai Driving license and shows that at the National Park, he will pay the same Price as a Thai National.

If it was a Farang price then having a License would make no difference, but it does make a difference.

:o Bulldog, Are you sure about this? I have never heard of this one. I will try it very soon, because I will not pay more than a Thai on principal. They just automatically ask me for the extra. Has it worked for you?

:D  Bulldog, Are you sure about this? I have never heard of this one. I will try it very soon, because I will not pay more than a Thai on principal. They just automatically ask me for the extra. Has it worked for you?

Yes, it's true. The 200 baht fee is for non-residents, because people who live here and pay taxes help support the parks, so the theory is that non-residents should contribute more.... Something akin to the State universities where I come from charging a higher price for out-of-state residents, and even more for students from foreign countries...All about the Tax Payer....

Of course, this is not true for places like the crocodile farm or any other private enterprise that has higher prices for non-asian folks...This is pure descrimination based on race....I never go to them.

For the parks, a DL, WP, or Thai tax ID card is sufficient, but I've used my business card, too, to show I'm a resident. It also helps to speak Thai....as always :o

It is not an Farang charge, it is Tourist price. If a Farang has a Thai Driving license and shows that at the National Park, he will pay the same Price as a Thai National.

If it was a Farang price then having a License would make no difference, but it does make a difference.

Not in my experience.

I speak Thai and can produce my driving licence but I still get charged the inflated rate.

If it is really tourists, then Thai tourists should pay as well!!

Not in my experience.

I speak Thai and can produce my driving licence but I still get charged the inflated rate.

If it is really tourists, then Thai tourists should pay as well!!

It's not about tourists, it's about residence...If you live in Thailand and have any of the documents I mentioned before, then you should be paying the resident's price at National Parks.... You have every right to complain to the authorities if you're asked to pay more. It is written policy.

Its right if you have a drivers licence/ WP, you only have to pay 20 bht same as the thais, I've done it load's of times at national parks, chaing mai zoo to see the pandas, and even Dream World in BKK which is a private concern.

Speaking thai with them helps as well :o

Cheers RC

:o Bulldog, Are you sure about this? I have never heard of this one. I will try it very soon, because I will not pay more than a Thai on principal. They just automatically ask me for the extra. Has it worked for you?

Yes it is right, i was told 200 Baht at Khoa Yai Park, then i said " I have this", it was then 20 Baht on showing my License.

I dont remember all the details but a few months ago a Thai lady took her half brit children to a NP and they charged them as a falang. I think it was in bangkok post or nation. I lived across the street from a national park and was charged 200 baht once a month and 20 baht everytime after that. Everyone that worked there knew me and knew where my house was but that was the best deal I could get.

I was just being sarcastic about the fuel shortage sometimes it seems like I get hit with more and more extra chargees and extra bills and it seems sooner or later retired guys living in THAILAND will be blameed for the fuel shortage too.

I  was just being sarcastic about the fuel shortage sometimes it seems like I get hit with more and more extra chargees and extra bills and it seems sooner or later retired guys living in THAILAND will be blameed for the fuel shortage too.

Hey, MK, just how much fuel are you using?? :D

I don't think there's a fuel shortage as much as there is a money shortage to pay for it. Thankfully, my bud Thaksin is paying 20% of my diesel fuel bill. I only wish he would do it for my other bills, too! :o

I think you shouldn't be putting ideas into peoples minds..... :o:D

:o Hows about cutting the number of Songtaews by half, so the ones remaining will be half full, instead of wasting fuel jostling for nonexistant customers. Or have half of them work one day and the other half the next. They would still make the same money, but use half the fuel and have more time off. Sounds sensible to me.

AND how about ALL the taxis that return to town from DonMuang EMPTY !

add up all that fuel over the year ! horrendous !