New Baby On The Way...

LostInBKK

My wife will be having our baby in January. I am stationed in Iraq and want to help her purchase furniture to help her out as much as possible. She's located in Chaiyaphum and from what I remember, there's not a whole lot there that we liked. I saw a lot of nice stuff while in Bangkok while walking around the various malls...

Does anyone have a link to a site so that I can purchase stuff online and have it delievered to her? She is not up for travel to Bangkok and I won't be home until January probably after the baby is born.

Thanks in advance...

My wife will be having our baby in January. I am stationed in Iraq and want to help her purchase furniture to help her out as much as possible. She's located in Chaiyaphum and from what I remember, there's not a whole lot there that we liked. I saw a lot of nice stuff while in Bangkok while walking around the various malls...

Does anyone have a link to a site so that I can purchase stuff online and have it delievered to her? She is not up for travel to Bangkok and I won't be home until January probably after the baby is born.

Thanks in advance...

The only 2 places i know of in Chaiyaphum are Tescos and a small shop on the road where the daily market is.

If you want some quality stuff and lots of choice i recommend the factory outlet place near Pak Choi. It's on the main bus route to bangkok and is about 90 miles from Chaiyaphum. I have shopped there a couple of times, (including today), and i am very happy with the quality.

Good luck with the baby.

Nidge

As the father of a three month old baby I know how you feel but I was lucky enough to get back to the UK for a fwe days before the baby was born to buy some things.

For bottles, you really want Avent. I have seen them in Singapore but have not looked in Bangkok. THey are certainly not available in Pattaya where we live. Buy the bottles and the teats for as far out as they have stock. AThey do breast pumps as well and all manner of baby things. I cleared out in John Lewis in the UK.

You'll want some towels, as soft as possible but you should be able to get some in a big Tesco for example.

Swatches, basically linen squares about 60cm in diameter are an absolute must for all things from wiping their mouths to lining the bottom of the bed.

You don't need a moses basket as you can get adequate cot beds here from Farlin.

Get some breathable blankets for covering the baby in the cot or in a day sleeper. Something like these http://www.johnlewis.com/+Baby/Sleeping/Sl...roductType.aspx and some fleeces are great.

As for clothes, the best we found here is the De bon / Enfant range. Well priced, good quality etc. We get from Tesco and other stores. I brought a lot from John Lewis and it was useful for the beginning. The quality is very good at John Lewis.

In your position, I would do whatever necessary to make it as easy on the mother as possible including getting back for the birth. Whatever, get some quality baby things. Get some stuff like Avent sent over if you cannot get it another way. Loko at the john Lewis website for ideas. Pity they do not deliver overseas.

Best of luck.