Free Travel In Eu And Non-eu Countries (central Europe)

my (thai)girlfriend has 6 month visitor visa for the Uk(she is here now).if i had the oppurtunity to take her on holiday too another country i woudnt want her to miss out.

so the question is ....what countries outside uk can she travel too(if any)?

ive heard of schemgen??,but is that the only way.

any info would be great.

thanks in advance.

having a UK visa in her passport it shouldn't be a problem to get a Schengen visa from any of the continental european embassies or consulates in UK.

I find Naam's quote really interesting and sorry if my question may have been asked and discussed before.

What is best bet to pick up a visa for your wife/girl friend, either here in Thailand or the Falang's home country? Does it really matter where I apply in terms

of paperwork and cost, especially when I am not living at front door of all the embassies in Bangkok?

I must admit that I have not studied this Schengen business too much. But to me it appears that it might be far easier to get a visa for your darling to your home country and then start the "Schengen" visa business there.

I must admit that I have not studied this Schengen business too much. But to me it appears that it might be far easier to get a visa for your darling to your home country and then start the "Schengen" visa business there.

of course it's easier. in your country and in your embassy you are on your "home turf". in other countries or embassies you are just a foreigner.