Is Pantip The Best Place To Get New Laptop?

fennielyn

Has anyone in the past 6 months bought a notebook in Bkk? Not looking for anything fancy or top-of-line. Something barebones and functional should suffice. I'll basically be using it only for the internet and downloading. What's the current estimate price for a notebook like that? Oh and is Pantip everyone's choice for all things computer-related? Thanks!

Yes matter of fact we buy a lot of notebooks, and normally if we still not figured out which model to buy, we go to Fortune IT Mall on Ratchada Rd., I always have the feeling that things go a bit slower and you have more time to study the notebook.

As most of the big shops have shops at almost all larger malls and everywhere use the same price, I bought my last notebook at Central Rama II Mall. Going downtown park car etc...to much, and take a taxi is for me downtown and back also 400Bht.

Then 200Bht more expensive notebook is for me totally not problem, oops...the notebook was the same price, the 1gb memory upgrade was 200Bht more expensive then I probably find in Panthip or Fortune IT Mall.....

Has anyone in the past 6 months bought a notebook in Bkk? Not looking for anything fancy or top-of-line. Something barebones and functional should suffice. I'll basically be using it only for the internet and downloading. What's the current estimate price for a notebook like that? Oh and is Pantip everyone's choice for all things computer-related? Thanks!

Den of thieves and rip-off merchants so I'd say no.

I bought a laptop in Pantip Plaza about 10 days ago. Acer Aspire 120 GB hard drive 1gb Ram DVD writer and 5 in 1 card reader for B18,900. The same machine (with only half the Ram ) is currently on sale in Pattaya for B21,300. I'm more than happy with the value for money offered in Panthip.

I've always shyed away from buying a laptop in the past as I travel every where by motorcycle and all it takes is one accident and a months wages is down the drain. However at B18,900 I'm quite prepared to take the risk.

If you are happy with Acer, try the Acer Factory shop. A search here should reveal the details,

Similar price and spec to Asiacat's machine. Should have a built in webcam and Bluetooth too. Bought one for my girlfriend and she's very happy with it.

I am presently scouting for prices, too. Bought my last one last year in Panthip. However, I was quite astonished when I discovered that many of the shops there (even on different floors) were actually the same (had the same owner). While scouting around in Fortune, I also gave Esplanade a try and found they have reasonable prices there, too. For instance at IT-connect (took a flyer home):

Acer Aspire 4320 20,900 THB

Travel Mate 6231 23,900 THB

Lenovo Y 400 (945448R) 19,900 THB

Vaio, well, much more expensive

ASUSX5IRI6DSMI2OC 21,935

Toshiba Satelite L40 19,900 THB

HP Pavilion 49,900 THB

Compaq Presario C704 17,900 THB

(just to give a few examples)