November 24 Australian Elections

dukkha

:o As my cable does not carry Australian TV, was wondering if anyone

might have an idea as to what public venues one could visit to watch

the covereage of the Election here in Thailand...many thanks for any

suggestions.. :D Dukkha

dukkha, doubtless there will be a venue somewhere in BKK, but if not I will be watching it here in Syd on the night, and if you're stuck, clueless, email me. (I imagine this would be a last resort though, as you'd have other/s here who could/would be available for emailing). Cheers, ignoramus.

:o As my cable does not carry Australian TV, was wondering if anyone

might have an idea as to what public venues one could visit to watch

the covereage of the Election here in Thailand...many thanks for any

suggestions.. :D Dukkha

Do you know if the Australian Channel on Sophon Cable will cover the election?

:o Thanks for comments...I too am hoping for a Rudd Victory, but am not

ready to believe it will actually happen..I miss Election Night gatherings with

friends of like mind but will hopefully find some place to watch it...............

Maybe I should ring the Ambassador and offer a bottle of Vino and pop around

to His Excellency's pad to watch the event... :D Dukkha

You can be pretty sure ABC Online will have a full internet coverage on the night, including I would guess, steaming from the main Tally Room.

My prediction is for a solid defeat for the incumbent pricks.

But if that doesn't happen, just to see Johnnie lose his seat would be one of the great moments in my life.

:o Thanks for comments...I too am hoping for a Rudd Victory, but am not

ready to believe it will actually happen..I miss Election Night gatherings with

friends of like mind but will hopefully find some place to watch it...............

Maybe I should ring the Ambassador and offer a bottle of Vino and pop around

to His Excellency's pad to watch the event... :D Dukkha

LOL The Ambassador is a true blue Lib.

I was thinking of heading back up to Thailand for the next couple of weeks so I didn't have to see any more of the election campaigning :o Not sure why you want to go out of your way to get involved. :D

It's not very pretty at the moment with the Government running a scare campaign and accusing Labor of stealing their policies. The PM has invented a new word, "metooism", and uses it everywhere. :D

Labor (Rudd) is busy trying to keep the lid on his shadow ministers to stop some of them making stupid gaffs everytime they open their mouths.

All in all, I wish election day will hurry up and come, so the new government can get past all the crap and start a new era, based more on people and the future than we've seen for some time.

....Not sure why you want to go out of your way to get involved. :o ...

Not having been to Australia for a year, and I am not going to vote as I don't qualify (Australian Citized who is a non resident and not intending to return for the next 3 years) it will be my only dealing with that political stuff.

So an evening an a bar somewhere having a few sherberts and discussing politics can be refreshing if only done once every 3 - 4 years.

Have to say I don't like either of the bastards, but I would take immesnse enjoyment from seeing Maxine win Bennelong.

Looks like Labor all the way. Wonder what Little Johnnie has up his sleeve. Maybe declare war on Indonesia ?

Edit: add comment on OP's post to be on topic.....you will find some bars which have the ABC asian transmission, but it would be a brave bar owner who subjects their patrons to hours of election drivel.

Edited by sibeymai

I got an email saying Downunder bar on Suk 33 will be televising festivities, erm sorry, election results. They'll also be showing Dons Party as well.

I've got my fingers crossed for a Rudd victory. Might be time for me to resurect my Paul Keating avtar.

I think Rudd will win by a landslide, Johnny only thinks about the economy and nothing else, he has no balance in fairness for the people.

Plus Costello would probaly be the PM if Johnny wins, Costello just always seems too cocky for my liking.

Im just glad we finally have a opposition who is worth voting for. I dont really like Rudd either (I think all politicians are liars) but he is putting some great policies together and seems like a great bloke.

So let me get this straight . . . people want to find a bar to watch election results?!?!?!?

Jeez - just stay at home and log on the internet . . . or go and do something less boring!

"it would be a brave bar owner who subjects their patrons to hours of election drivel." - Exactly!

So let me get this straight . . . people want to find a bar to watch election results?!?!?!?

Jeez - just stay at home and log on the internet . . . or go and do something less boring!

"it would be a brave bar owner who subjects their patrons to hours of election drivel." - Exactly!

In the past, i've always watched election coverage at the embassy, and the house has always been packed. The first time I did it this way was in Singapore in 1996 to see litttle johnny become PM.

That a bar is offering coverage is a smart move. Politics is blood sport in Australia (though less so these days), and always attracts a good audience.

....Not sure why you want to go out of your way to get involved. :o ...

Not having been to Australia for a year, and I am not going to vote as I don't qualify (Australian Citized who is a non resident and not intending to return for the next 3 years) it will be my only dealing with that political stuff.

So an evening an a bar somewhere having a few sherberts and discussing politics can be refreshing if only done once every 3 - 4 years.

unless you have not voted in an election since you've been overseas, you are likely still on the electoral role. It is easy enough to check out if you are still registered by going to the electoral commissions website.

https://oevf.aec.gov.au/

Blood sport is an apt description, and this'll be the bloodiest for a while I reckon. A grudge match of some magnitude -- there's a lot of hostility in the air. Costello's frown will solidify into a permanent state if the Lib's lose -- long-held leadership aspirations down the tube -- and JWH will (privately) blow a fuse if he loses his seat to a media reporter! This is a possibility, as the boundaries have been changed since the last election. The really interesting moments of the coverage will be at the end, the more so if the Lib's have to concede. At least one of Sydney's radio stations has a site they tout as following the goings-on minute by minute, if that's the preffered option for political groupies -- livenews.com.au.