Non-imm B Visa 2 Entries

I am in Thailand now for 3 Weeks, on the first Leg of a Double Entry Non-Imm B Visa, issued at the Vienna Embassy on the Grounds of evaluating Business and investment possibilities.

The Visa expires on January 17th, 2005.

I entered Thailand on July 27th.

I have a 90 Day stamp from Don Muang Immigration, permitting me to stay till October 25th.

Now, I am here to really consider some small investment, looking into either Buying an existing Company (been in contact with Sunbelt, but have not (yet) found something appropriate for me on their shelves so far.

I also prefer to really take my time and investigate well, so I guess the 6 Month Period granted will be not enough. I have some foreign income and Money in the Bank, so I am not dependent in starting to earn Money all too soon, also really enjoy a long Holiday right now, recovering from the rat race I was at back home.

Question One: Is it possible to extend the 90 Day allowance (for both or for the second Entry) by applying for a 30 Day extension at the Immigration?

So: Going to Immigration on October 24, Paying 1900 Baht, getting a 30 Day extension, leaving Thailand for a Visa run on November 24 or so, getting another 90 Day (February 22 or whatever the Math buffs here calculate) Stamp, going for another Extension soon before the Date, and stay until March 23 or so?

Question 2: In the (quite likely) case, that by the End of my Stay based on this Visa (be it 6, 7 or 8 Month) I have not yet started the process of obtaining a Work Permit based on Opening or Acquiring a Business, how are my chances to get another (Single, or Multiple Entries) Non-Imm B Visa anywhere in SE Asia?

What documentation would make sense to bring to the Embassy in this Case?

And in the case of not being granted a B Visa in this situation, how about Tourist Visa then? And: Would a Tourist Visa be a Problem when I will then finally apply for Business Licence, and Work Permit?

I know that some of these Questions were raised here before, but after some search I did not find precise Answers to these Quastions.

Thanks for Your Help!

Sunny

I am in Thailand now for 3 Weeks, on the first Leg of a Double Entry Non-Imm B Visa, issued at the Vienna Embassy on the Grounds of evaluating Business and investment possibilities.

The Visa expires on January 17th, 2005.

I entered Thailand on July 27th.

I have a 90 Day stamp from Don Muang Immigration, permitting me to stay till October 25th.

Now, I am here to really consider some small investment, looking into either Buying an existing Company (been in contact with Sunbelt, but have not (yet) found something appropriate for me on their shelves so far.

I also prefer to really take my time and investigate well, so I guess the 6 Month Period granted will be not enough. I have some foreign income and Money in the Bank, so I am not dependent in starting to earn Money all too soon, also really enjoy a long Holiday right now, recovering from the rat race I was at back home.

Question One: Is it possible to extend the 90 Day allowance (for both or for the second Entry) by applying for a 30 Day extension at the Immigration?

So: Going to Immigration on October 24, Paying 1900 Baht, getting a 30 Day extension, leaving Thailand for a Visa run on November 24 or so, getting another 90 Day (February 22 or whatever the Math buffs here calculate) Stamp, going for another Extension soon before the Date, and stay until March 23 or so?

for a non immigrant B, the extension you should be getting is a one year extension.

Question 2: In the (quite likely) case, that by the End of my Stay based on this Visa (be it 6, 7 or 8 Month) I have not yet started the process of obtaining a Work Permit based on Opening or Acquiring a Business, how are my chances to get another (Single, or Multiple Entries) Non-Imm B Visa anywhere in SE Asia?
that is up the officer that reviews your application. they tend to expect you to get your paperwork completed, that is why you currently have a non immigrant B
What documentation would make sense to bring to the Embassy in this Case?

And in the case of not being granted a B Visa in this situation, how about Tourist Visa then? And: Would a Tourist Visa be a Problem when I will then finally apply for Business Licence, and Work Permit?

you can't work on a tourist visa

for a non immigrant B, the extension you should be getting is a one year extension.
Does that mean that I can apply for a One Year extension? When? Right now?

What would the necessary Documentation be?

Again, I have not yet found the Investment possibility, and I guess, it will be some time (half Year, one Year, maybe longer) until I finalise my plans (unless something comes along the road, of course ...).

So, what exactly would you suggest I do now? Or at the end of my granted Stay?

that is up the officer that reviews your application. they tend to expect you to get your paperwork completed, that is why you currently have a non immigrant B

This is exactly what I keep hearing from all sides. But, I have no Idea what kind of Paperwork (apart from Passport, filled out Form, Fotocopies of Passport Pages, and a Foto or two) they would like to see in my Case?

Money in Thai Bank? I have an Account here in Thailand with currently a few hundred Thousand Baht, transferred from abroad. I could top this up in the case they want this, but without knowing that this is what they want to see (and how much), I am hesitant to doing this. The Euro has gained about 8% against the Baht in the last half Year, so locking a substancial sum in Baht does not look to be the most clever way to invest.

Sure, but can I carry on eith talking to possible buyers and authorities, then applying to one more Non-Imm B after I have finalised a deal (with the paperwork) and come back with the Non-Imm B to apply for Working Permit? Or will this Tourist Visa thing cut me out of the process?

Sunny

Does that mean that I can apply for a One Year extension? When? Right now?

What would the necessary Documentation be?

Again, I have not yet found the Investment possibility, and I guess, it will be some time (half Year, one Year, maybe longer) until I finalise my plans (unless something comes along the road, of course ...).

So, what exactly would you suggest I do now? Or at the end of my granted Stay?

This is exactly what I keep hearing from all sides. But, I have no Idea what kind of Paperwork (apart from Passport, filled out Form, Fotocopies of Passport Pages, and a Foto or two) they would like to see in my Case?

Money in Thai Bank? I have an Account here in Thailand with currently a few hundred Thousand Baht, transferred from abroad. I could top this up in the case they want this, but without knowing that this is what they want to see (and how much), I am hesitant to doing this. The Euro has gained about 8% against the Baht in the last half Year, so locking a substancial sum in Baht does not look to be the most clever way to invest.

Sure, but can I carry on eith talking to possible buyers and authorities, then applying to one more Non-Imm B after I have finalised a deal (with the paperwork) and come back with the Non-Imm B to apply for Working Permit? Or will this Tourist Visa thing cut me out of the process?

Sunny

you will need to have a work permit or the required investment amount to get the one year extension, although you mentioned that you may not be ready until next year. maybe sunbelt can help you find a business that interests you.

the problem is that it is unlikely a thai consulate will issue you another non immigrant B visa back to back without seeing you have a work permit or made progress to obtain one in that length of time.

Thanks a lot, Huski. A Couple of things seem clearer now!

you will need to have a work permit or the required investment amount to get the one year extension

The required investment amount? Does that mean (as I have hinted in my first Post) that transferring say 2 Million Baht (this would be about the investment sum I think of, although I could double it (or be happy with spending less than half of it) if I feel ok with the Business) would do the trick? So, after the expiry of my Visa, go to say Penang or elsewhere with a fresh Bank Book showing 2 or whatever Million coming from abroad for Investment?

Would I qualify for another 3 Month Non-Imm B Visa then? Or maybe a One-Year Multi-Non-Imm B?

How about the possibility of extending my first and / or second stay for 30 Days at the local Immigration?

Apart from these two Questions:

I see now that after the expiry of my current Non-Imm B, I have the following Options:

1.) Finalize my Investment, and apply for WP, and B Visa.

2.) Forget about all this, and leave Thailand

3.) Marry a Thai Woman and Apply for a 1Y Visa based on supporting Family (400000 Bt in Bank, and so on ....)

4.) Make monthly or bi-monthly Visa runs, get Tourist Visa(s) or 30 Day Stamps, unless I either get rejected at the border or find my investment, in which case I would take all Documents to a Thai Embassy somewhere, and apply for a Business Visa again.

5.) Buy a Condo for 3 Million Baht.

6.) Retirement is not an Option now; I am 48 Years now, and I cannot see my saving being high enough to allow me on living on the Interest till the end of my Life; also I would be bored to death within Days, I guess (or grow old, bitter, jaded, grumpy, cynical and drunk .....)

Thanks for any more Light!

Sunny

Sunny Valentinem,

You should be able to get a one year multiple entry visa. This has happen with other clients, business transfer simply takes time, hence they were able to get a NEW visa outside Thailand. Just contact us and we can help you with the docs required.

www.sunbeltasia.com

I didn't think there was such a thing as a double entry Non-Immigrant Visa, that is a thing of the past.

It should be Single or Multi.

Perhaps Vienna has not caught up with the regs?

Maybe Vienna has not cought up with the rules? Yes, maybe.

I wanted a One-Year Multi-Non-O B, they told me they can give me only a 3 Month One-Entry, so we sat down and talked, until they finally came up with a two-Entry one.

Do you think I might run into trouble at the 2nd Entry? The Imm Officer at Bangkok Airport had no problems; looked at it, screened my Passport, stamped 90 Days, wished me good luck.

Again: Is it possible at all to extend the stay from 90 Days to 30 more? Anybody can shed a light on this one?

Sunny

You can certainly ask for a 30 day extension.

You may or may not get it, they may only give you 14 day.

Then you can do a visa run, out and back into the country to use the second entry on your visa. you will then have another 90 days to plan what to do.

Any border will do.

However you basically answer your own question 2 posts back,

where you correctly listed your options!!

As you are 48 that means that in Thai terms you will be 50 next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thais always quote their age from their NEXT birthday, not the previous as we do.

If you can manage until your next birthday, then go to Penang and ask for a Non-Imm O visa as you want to retire here and give your age as 50. I think you will qualify.

Edited by astral