Joing The Married Club . - Info Please

Ta22

to keep the story short , i met a wonderful girl . about 18 days ago . and we are getting married soon

i know so little about thai wedding ..

it would be great to know any info needed for such wedding ..

this there a chiangmai style wedding different from other part of thailand ?

she is from sukothai

well comment welcome .

to keep the story short , i met a wonderful girl . about 18 days ago . and we are getting married soon

i know so little about thai wedding ..

it would be great to know any info needed for such wedding ..

this there a chiangmai style wedding different from other part of thailand ?

she is from sukothai

well comment welcome .

TA22. my friend. u come back here after disappearing so long and telling us all you getting married to someone you just met 18 days ago??? u ok ??? i don't know whether to talk you out of it or to congratulate you.

TB.

ps. nice to see you back on the forum though. missed ya!

well so happy to be back .. i have 6 days in chiangmai and would try my best to log in more and post . i been really busy .

going to diffrent country ..

i had my birthday . on the 19th oct .. and i met this girl which i just had to marry her..

yes i know and many people had share with me and even to some extent try to talk me out of it ..

but i am SURE . about this :o i can't rally explain fully . but is NO blind man dive .

i truely love her and if you do meet her you would agree with me :D

anyway .. back to the busy busy .. info check up ..

in 10 days i am suppose to get my father and moth as well as a " PU yai ( elder ) " to go speak with her father and mother .

i heard she might invite as much relative and friends as 500 - 800 people that make me worry a little whahhaha

anyway i would be attending her relative wedding in 10 days just to meet her relative

feel free to comment or say anything - :D

i miss everyone

Yes, indeed, you have been well-missed. But jai yen yen here, old buddy. Best run her by us first (or maybe not), or at least wait till the fog in the brain settles. I made the mistake about 7 mo's ago of flipping completely head over heels for an Aussie Falang. We're talking cosmic forces, destiny, all the romantic notions n everything. HOWEVER, that situation proved to be 90% trouble when the honeymoon ended. That was about 4 weeks into knowing her. So 4 weeks bliss, then 3 months of ... of.... losing self? suffering? disillusionment? Very humbling to see that life has a way of pulling the wool over your eyes when you think you've seen it all. Best stop there. We're all just looking out for you. Live together first. And more than 18 days. More than 28 days. More than 108 days. Jai Yen Yen Ta22.

And congratulations on finding someone significant in your life. May it work out well for you both.

i thanks you for your pure and kinds words .

i myself had been in a not so sure state also .

but maybe the adventure mind seek it own love

18 days had been enlarger date so for nott o bring in too much amaze .

in fact i ask her to marry me on the 6th days.

she have a stable work . in a large firm in bangkok . only child , have her own car.

and her family is some of the most classic thai i ever met , :o

her father is a cute chap :D which still smoke old thai roll-up herb

and her mom is one amazing woman . their in construction .

as for her . she is a workoholic . - delicating most of her time working like a slave for her company over the last 2 years .

i don't really care much about the back ground check .

one rule which i follow is . love shall not hold back anyone .

which mean if one day she stop loving me i would not stop her from doing so also :D

someone shower me with some thai wedding info :D

few days ago . one of my friends tell me .. courtship is like heaven and life after married is like a visit to hel_l .

i am trying to follow . what the in law tell me and what i need to do ..

there are simple and nice people ..

so far .. so good ..

just wann know more info so i can't look like a total fool on the wedding day to days leading to it .

Best of luck to you both. I wish you a long and happy marriage.

A quick word of advice from an old pro..... get your ears pierced and wear gold and diamond studs in them. There is no single thing you can do to prepare you best for marriage as this. It will;

A) accustom you to buying jewelery.

:o accustom you to pain.

C) give your bride something to pull on when she wants to get you out of the bar to come home.

i do have a ears pierced with a large loop ring on it . whhhahahahahhaha

so funny to think of it ..

she is is helping out for the Sin sod which we need also .

i have no problem with the demand . but i am happy to know she offer to help .

there are loan free folk . beside a brand new car . which have a small loan .

gosh her car look better then mine whahhaah a brand new VIGO .

while i have all this classic car . which i prefer :o

keep the advise coming :D thanks you and feel free to any comment all welcome :D

be it good or bad my thanks you you all in advance :D

both her parent father and mother is in construction .

i visited their work place also .few days ago and bring them to MK for a nice meal .:o

oh my girl don't drink acol .. and most of the time she only take Water . only water .. and she alway eat so little .

she don't really like me drinking too much cos she know i have gall stone problem ..

Are you serious???!!!!18 days and you are going to get married!!I hope for your sake this is a wind-up otherwise you could be making one of the biggest mistakes in your life!!I dont know you pal but i do know NO-ONE can know enough about a person in 18 days to know whether they are going to spend potentially the rest of their lives with.I would seriously advise you to re-condsider i mean what is the rush?Are you so insecure that you fear loosing her??I dont get this at all...... :o

It's nice to see you are happy and in love! It is a wonderful feeling. Here is a few pointers that will help.

First thing you do, In BKK there are many photo shops that will dress you and her in traditional wedding garments, take a photo, print and place in a large 18" X 24" frame. This will be used to greet all the guests as they approach the morning wedding ceremony. And is a gift to the parents after the day is over.

Second thing, Go with you bride to the flower district area in BKK and choose all your flowers she wants. Have her family and friends do the arrangements. You can arrange for them to be delivered anywhere in Thailand. Or hire a florist if you can afford one.

Third. Hire a local photographer. We had one flown down from Bkk to Krabi. cost around 3000 bt.

Purchase your traditional wedding outfit, wedding rings.

There is a tradition after the wedding where all family members pour water over your hands while giving you a blessing. You will need to buy the water holder used for that.

Hope this helps get you started.

Are you serious???!!!!18 days and you are going to get married!!I hope for your sake this is a wind-up otherwise you could be making one of the biggest mistakes in your life!!I dont know you pal but i do know NO-ONE can know enough about a person in 18 days to know whether they are going to spend potentially the rest of their lives with.I would seriously advise you to re-condsider i mean what is the rush?Are you so insecure that you fear loosing her??I dont get this at all...... :o

Sometimes, when you 'know,' you 'know.'

I had been a bachelor for 17 years, between divorcing one woman after 10 years of marriage, then met my current wife. I 'knew' after three days that I was going to marry her. We didn't get married for more than a year and a half, but even having been happily single for 17 wonderful years, I 'knew' in just three days that I would marry this woman. That was 15 years ago. We are still on our honeymoon. :D

Congratulations Ta22.

Thai traditional marriage ceremonies can take many deferent forms, I would suggest that you let your fiancée’s family arrange things – but make sure you put a cap on the expenses.

Under Thai law a marriage must be registered with the Thai authorities to be legally recognised.

The marriage must be registered at the Amphur (or Town Hall), in the district where the marriage took place. In addition to the normal requirements (about which you should seek advice from the celebrant), each party must provide their passport/ID, and the following:

1. If you wish the marriage to be recognized by your home country you will probably have to provide a statutory declaration witnessed by your embassy.

2. If you were previously married, you will need to provide an original divorce or death certificate to demonstrate you are no longer married. The original documents to be certified by your Embassy.

3. You must also arrange for the statutory declaration and any applicable divorce/death certificates to be translated into Thai. There are many private translation agencies in Chiangmai & Bangkok who can provide this service (for a fee) within one working day.

4. After documents have been translated they must be authenticated (for a fee) by the Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Thailand. For information on this you should contact: Department of Consular Affairs 123 Moo 3, Changwattana Road, Kwang Toong Son Hong, Khet Laksi, Bangkok Tel. (+66-2) 5751061, (+66-2)-5751057; Office hours: 08:30 – 15:30

When you have completed the above requirements, which can only be completed in Bangkok over at least 2-3 working days, you should go to the Amphur to register the marriage.

I wish you all the best