Bangkok To Chang Mai Domestic Flight

jaffas21

hi folks .... im arriving in Bangkok at about 6.40pm on a weekday January 2008 and would prefer to fly direct to chang mai after this as soon as possible

is anyone in the know regarding the airlines that make this trip and what time the later flights are and even costs if possible

thanks

hi folks .... im arriving in Bangkok at about 6.40pm on a weekday January 2008 and would prefer to fly direct to chang mai after this as soon as possible

is anyone in the know regarding the airlines that make this trip and what time the later flights are and even costs if possible

thanks

hi,i am the same as you.arrive 6 40pm etihad.i also want to fly to chiang mai the same night

2 options it seems

1.air asia flight 8 40pm(1 hr 30 mins to get off plane and pick up bags-will be tight maybe)

2.taxi to don muang airport for the 9 30pm flight

i am in the same position as you,i am thinking if i get through immigration and baggage quickly,i should get the air asia flight.

if not 30-40 mins to don muang in 8pm traffic,to get the thai airways flight

if any delays,no chance! and i will just stay in bangkok the night.

hard to plan ahead for the same night flight,depends on how smoothly things run :o

mmm from what ive read the traffic tailback into bangkok can be quite bad im just not sure its worth leaving the airport unlesss I want to stay in Bangkok for a few days and I need to motor to chang mai for a course im doing.... still at least theres a 9.30 option .... thanks

ive also heard various conflicting reports of immigration queues ... reminds me of the entrance to egypt sweating in a long queue for an hour at 2am ... not my cup of tea

Edited by jaffas21