Anybody Been To Kantang, Next To Trang?

limbos

What's the situation like with hotels in Kantang, from my wofe's relatives, I understand that there are some hotels or is a hotel(?) in Kantang, but I'm expecting some country side Thai style hotel at the best!

Going over there with the family to a wedding from my wife's relatives. Any input is appreciated.

Kantang is a port, fishing town with lots of smelly fish factories. Me and the missus used to nip down there from Trang (30mins on the honda wave) to get fish, vegies and palaa at the markets!! Go stay in Trang....more hotels and not that far from Kantang. The area is good for a holiday because there's the mountains and the islands (Muk etc) not far away. I really enjoyed living in the area.

Edited by Sporting Dog

Thanks SD.

30 minutes on the bike probably makes 15 in a car.

We're supposed to visit relatives who work......... well you guessed it, in the fishing industry.

Edited by limbos

• 1 month later...
What's the situation like with hotels in Kantang, from my wofe's relatives, I understand that there are some hotels or is a hotel(?) in Kantang, but I'm expecting some country side Thai style hotel at the best!

Going over there with the family to a wedding from my wife's relatives. Any input is appreciated.

We stayed in Kan Tang this last Oct. at some friends house. We were there for the Vegetarian Festival. Other than the festivities, this place was boring.

There is one small hotel there (sorry I don't have the name), that was right next to my friends house. I don't know the name of the road, but it is about 100M north of the police station. The hotel looks like someones house, in fact. It is not a real hotel. My friend said they charge about 200 bht per night.

Trang is a better place to hang out... there is allot more there to see and do.

Enjoy :o