Need A New Wheel & Tire For Vigo

Hssl

In the space of 10 hours of not having a lock on the spare wheel of my vigo some C$$T nicked the spare!

Don't really want Toyota dealer prices, places in Bangkok or Pattaya with a ball park figure please gents.

TIA

Why carry a spare anyway.. It adds weight, and in the event of a tyre problem, are you really going to change that wheel yourself, or just flag down a friendly passing motorcyclist to give a shout to the nearest tyre shop..

????????

because unless you always drive a moped there is not always a tyre repair centre that is close at hand or open when you need it

Unfortunately, there seems to be quite a lot of spare wheels going missing from pickups. Anyway, there is such a huge market in after market wheels that I'm pretty sure any big wheel/tyre shop will have a set or more of original Vigo wheels/tyres that have been taken in as part exchange. Not sure if they'd sell just the one or not, but ask around. Wouldn't be a long trek IMO.

Wheel locks do work........... unless you didn't put it back on over night because you had taken it off to change the spare!!!

100B to fix the flat is starting to get expensive................. so far been quoted 1500 - 1800 for a steel with a 'runner' of a tire. Would prefer the same style standard alloy from toyota with a real tire!

Mine got nicked a while back also and I called my insurance broker (AXA)and to my surprise he said although they don't normally cover them he'd do it ( I argued that I'd never removed the wheel before and it was locked with the standard Chevy mechanism), I had to wait a bit for the parts and they replaced the wheel and the plastic cover around the number, I had to pay for the tyre which was about 2500 ish but other than that all taken care of, I then went down the road and fitted the aftermarket spare wheel lock.

Give it a try.

:o

Go and nick one from another Vigo...there's lots to choose from....but just one thing....spares from white Vigos only fit other white Vigos. So pick any Vigo except a white one.

:o

I have a white Vigo and have never heard that the white vigo rims or spares are not interchangeable with those from other Vigo's, so what's the difference?

Pattayadavid

In the space of 10 hours of not having a lock on the spare wheel of my vigo some C$$T nicked the spare!

Don't really want Toyota dealer prices, places in Bangkok or Pattaya with a ball park figure please gents.

TIA

Im sure there will be a few thousand available in Norway soon at very reasonable rates. See above post re recall :o:D:D

Just got a alloy toyota wheel & part warn mich (80 % tread left) balance for 2500B - Looked around at the wheel locks - the one from Tesco lotus for 950B is Sh$t IMHO

Spent 60B on 1M of chain, 25B on 1M of clear plastic hose ( to go over the chain to stop it marking the wheel) and 500B on a decent padlock.

Jobs a good'n

Just got a alloy toyota wheel & part warn mich (80 % tread left) balance for 2500B - Looked around at the wheel locks - the one from Tesco lotus for 950B is Sh$t IMHO

Spent 60B on 1M of chain, 25B on 1M of clear plastic hose ( to go over the chain to stop it marking the wheel) and 500B on a decent padlock.

Jobs a good'n

Good advice, I have just done the same on my Nissan, 1 metre of good chunky chain, plastic hose and a solid padlock, 220 baht at my local Thai/Chinese hardware- shop, brilliant place!.

Chained the spare up on the frame. The tossers will have to have a good set of bolt cutters to take that off. One of our neighbours just had his spare stolen from his Isuzu in Pattaya. Another buddy told me recently of brake calipers being taken off Honda/Yamaha scooters in Ayutthaya.