Exporting A Puppy From Thailand

Hi,

I would like to buy a dog from Bangkok. Can you please guide me with details of getting a puppy from Thailand to India. What is the procedure? Do we need to quarantine the puppy? How and where in bangkok do I do that? Is there any paper work to be done? Do airlines let us carry puppies on-board?

Thanks,

Sachin

Hi,

I would like to buy a dog from Bangkok. Can you please guide me with details of getting a puppy from Thailand to India. What is the procedure? Do we need to quarantine the puppy? How and where in bangkok do I do that? Is there any paper work to be done? Do airlines let us carry puppies on-board?

Thanks,

Sachin

Hi Sachin,

I have 2 Jack Russells at my home in BKK one from Europe one from Thailand. When I took my Thai dog to Europe I had him chipped (always required). had blood taken from him from an official clinic and took it to the govt. building. (don't remember the name... but its in the soi just after The Mall Ngamongwang.) There they will test the blood if the vaccines were successful and some other stuff. After you have the result from the blood test you are allowed to take your dog to the Vet. Section at the airport (ONLY 3 MONTHS AFTER THE TEST RESULT). Do this on the day of the flight or the day before. They will issue you with the necessary export documents. About airlines you have to check. Every airline has different rules and its also up to the captain of your plane.

Remember those things :

-Chip

-Bloodtest 3 MONTHS BEFORE flight

-health certificate at the airport (this document has to be max. 7 days before flight)

Once I was in Europe I had a EU passport issued for my dog (how easy that was :o, which it was that easy for me to get a second Thai passport).

Hope this helps.

Oh BTW there is a restriction about puppies as well i believe the dog must be at least 6 months old to fly.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I'm officer of animal quarantine thailand

I recommend you that ,send dog to india very easy :D !!!!!

the dog must be 3month old, injection againts rabies 1 month before flight ( Don't need for blood test)

you need for export licence from my office for the airline in thailand

you need for health certificate from my office for animal quarantine in india

any question contact directly [email protected]

+662-1340731

+662-1340731

or contact me [email protected] :o