Nurofen Plus - Ok To Take To Thailand ?

FrankRizzo

Does anyone know if you can legally take the medication "Nurofen Plus" whilst travelling to Thailand.

This is "over the counter" medication ( no prescription required in Australia).

Each tablet contains 200mg Ibuprofen + 12.8mg Codeine

Thanks

Frank

In my experience more or less everything/type of medication can be bought over the counter.

2 lots of medication I was prescribed [only via prescription in the UK] I buy here, one type are in 1,000 tablets container the other in 500. [buy the big containers because they are a fraction of the price compared to buying a single pill or a blister pack]

Nurofen is sold here

Strangely one of the few drugs you cannot get over the counter are sleeping pills !

I concur with poster ignis to buy any medicine for yourself and partner (how wide you take this is up to you) as the costs here are far far cheaper than back "home" for many things and many are prescription free. Chemists are also extremely helpful !

Buying any type of medication is far cheaper at a Thai [we would call back St] Chemist than at places like Boots, Watson, SuperDrug or supermarkets..

All Thai shop Chemists speak English, and if you buy the Thai version is a fraction of the cost of the 'named' medication which are imported.

Does anyone know if you can legally take the medication "Nurofen Plus" whilst travelling to Thailand.

This is "over the counter" medication ( no prescription required in Australia).

Each tablet contains 200mg Ibuprofen + 12.8mg Codeine

Thanks

Frank

At Fascino (Pattaya Nua) you can find a wide assortment of medicine. Good Staff who speak rather good English.

Georges

I agree, you'll be fine.

From memory the "over the counter" version still gets a label with your name etc affixed to the box by the chemist, which is ample evidence should there be any questions asked.

I always travel with my rack of Panadeine forte's, never been asked about them during any random search, at any airport, ever.

Thai chemist/pharmacies are totally paranoid about any product that contains the opiate, codiene and won't sell it to you (some small pharmacies in border towns sometimes will).

• 1 month later...

I suffer from occasional painful headaches for which I've been prescribed a codeine based medication (tablet), I've been holidaying in Thailand for the last ten years and I always take a couple of strips of pills with me when I go but I've never declared them to customs, I rarely use them but while I was there in October I was really suffering and I starting to run low so I went to a pharmacy to get some more and the girl there told me that codeine was a strictly controlled drug in Thailand and I would have to get a prescription if I wanted some more, so I guess I should have been declaring them to customs!