Im Glad I Will Be In Thailand For Christmas

TheDon

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1115/australia.html

No 'ho' for Sydney's Santas

Thursday, 15 November 2007 14:11 Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional 'ho, ho, ho' greeting because it may be offensive to women.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say 'ha, ha, ha'.

One disgruntled Santa told the Daily Telegraph newspaper that a recruitment firm warned him not to use 'ho, ho, ho' because it could frighten children and was too close to 'ho', a US slang term for prostitute.

This was hard for me to believe but I recently just read that there is a group of concerned people that are actually trying to get Santa Claus to slim down as it sets a bad example for our kids. They believe that a slim Santa Claus would set a much better example for our overweight youth so they want the stores and other establishments that hire Santa Clauses to start projecting a new image. Perhaps the next thing we will see is Santa Claus in a Weight Watcher's commercial ! Fortunately this could only happen in the US ! :o

Edited by jetjock

I'm glad I no longer live in over regulated, over taxed, over priced...& now over "PC" Amstralia (or is that Ausmerica?).

---------------------

Glad your happy. I've had some of my best times ever in LOS.

Is your avatar you photo?

If so, let me say your a rather "dashing" young man :o

perhaps in thailand the santa clauss will be told not to use "he he he"

Well if he ha-ha-ha'd in Thailand, people would be putting their hands out for five baht coins (so Santa would be shouting you a pish!).

Those who had not read the article and stumbled across a Santa in Sydney crying 'Ha,ha, ha' would probably ask him where's his minder... :D

This PC gets my blood boiling - these do-gooding pr1cks are at it every Xmas :o

Beware urban myths!

Huh?????

I'm glad I no longer live in over regulated, over taxed, over priced...& now over "PC" Amstralia (or is that Ausmerica?).

---------------------

If so, let me say your a rather "dashing" young man :D

Beware urban myths!

Huh?????

---------------------

------------------------

Rats! The more I'm thinking about it, I'm missing Thailand for the Holidays already.

Do you know that restaurant in Sattahip at the southern most point east of the big pier.

there's a nice deck at the rear with a great view.

Can't remember the name but they have great food and huge portions.

My buddy that lives there says, "When you order, you may not get what you want but whatever it is it will be good." :D

Beware urban myths!

Huh?????

---------------------

------------------------

My buddy that lives there says, "When you order, you may not get what you want but whatever it is it will be good." :D

One of the reasons i love this country! :D

Is your avatar you photo? I sometimes wish it was but only rarely.

If so, let me say your a rather "dashing" young man :o

------------------------

Rats! The more I'm thinking about it, I'm missing Thailand for the Holidays already.

Do you know that restaurant in Sattahip at the southern most point east of the big pier.

I've only been to one Sattahip restaurant...it was on the military base. My college went there for a "piss up". It was on the water & very picturesque.

there's a nice deck at the rear with a great view.

Can't remember the name but they have great food and huge portions.

This is one of the reasons why I live here. Unlike the "western" world, one can never tell what will happen in the next hour or so...very refreshing. Westernisation is such a boring & costly thing.

This was hard for me to believe but I recently just read that there is a group of concerned people that are actually trying to get Santa Claus to slim down as it sets a bad example for our kids. They believe that a slim Santa Claus would set a much better example for our overweight youth so they want the stores and other establishments that hire Santa Clauses to start projecting a new image. Perhaps the next thing we will see is Santa Claus in a Weight Watcher's commercial ! Fortunately this could only happen in the US ! :o

I've got to cut and paste this quote and show my kids, they have been telling me for years that I'm too skinny to be Santa! :D

Beware urban myths!

Huh?????

---------------------

------------------------

One of the reasons i love this country! :D

------------------------

Indeed... :D

I use to love this time of the year when I was a kid but now I am so sad and the cold does not help.

After many trips I had never spend Christmas in thailand but two years ago was my first time, it brought back a lot of very happy memories. I did not grew up in a cold place so being outside was golden, I did not have to be trapped in a house with bunch of people you odn't want to be with.

Can wait until I can move there and make a yearly :o

Bonviveur