Bangkok To Cambodia....

yto13

hi,

this december im planning to visit cambodia, to see angkor wat ofcourse.

anyone can suggest me the best way to go to cambodia from bangkok.

plane, train, bus???

anyone has experience it before, please do share.

i just want to make sure i have a pleasant trip thats all.

one more thing, anyone has recommendations for good clean hotels in cambodia.

im planning to stay around 3-4 days in cambodia.

anything should i know or aware about cambodia???

thx once again for the help and tips :o

I would recommend go by Plane is the best! you should spent the time at Cambodia. I ever stayed and comment Angkor Hotel Siem Reap is nice&clean hotel,Just 15 mins from Airport.I got the reasonable price at hotels2cambodia.com .

Good Luck!

What's the matter, you don't love hotels2thailand any more?

I'm not sure if you're on a budget, but if you want to get to Cambodia on the cheap I'd say take the train to Aranyapathet from Hualompong station (48 baht, ordinary train, about 6 hours) then take a tuk-tuk to the border (40 baht, 15 minutes) and then catch the bus from there. Get your visa in Bangkok if you have the time to avoid getting scammed at the border. You can find the train schedule here: http://www.railway.co.th/English/Time_HTML.asp (click on "Eastern Line")

Of course, this is one of the cheapest ways to get to Cambodia from Bangkok. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but it should be relatively hassle free, it just takes quite a bit more time compared to flying.

3 or 4 days is not enough! But if that's all you have don't waste time going overland, fly. You can fly direct to Siem Reap and get on with the tour of Angkhor, at least 2 days are needed. Definitely hire a guide at one of the local travel shops or often they can arrange it at your guest house.

Or fly to PP and take the boat up the river and across lake Tonlesap to Siem Reap. It's a great trip in on a nice day.

Prepare yourself for more aggressive taxi drivers and huxters etc., they'll physically grab you and put you in the car if you let them.

Take money with you, preferably US dollars but baht are easily changed. It may have changed but when I lived there 3 years ago there were NO ATMs in the country.

Good luck!

I am also going to visit Cambodia in January and after some research I think the best way is to fly there. You don't have to spend much. Airasia have some good prices. You can go to Cambodia one way for 1000Baht+ including taxes. In my opinion it is the way to go, especially if you are on a tight schedule.

To come back either do the same thing with air asia or find an alternative way. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do to return to bangkok.

I flew from KL to Siem Reap a month ago with AirAsia - I think from BKK they only fly to Phnom Phen.

There is a boat ride up the river to the lake and then a bus to Siem Reap or a bus or you can even hire a car and driver for the trip - check some websites for prices.

We just took the taxi driver from the airport - US$25 per day - he was great. Drove slowly, spoke good english and was at our disposal for 12 hours a day.

Tuk Tuks (not the same as Thailand) can also be rented from Siem Reap to cover the Angkor site - admission US$40 for 2 or 3 days.

Personally I thought 3 days was enough in Siem Reap .... but then I bore easily with temples and stop appreciating them after the first few.

Stayed in the Royal Crown Hotel - booked through AsiaRooms. Great hotel - highly recommended and a bargain at A$45 a night with pool and breakfast.

Happy to look for the drivers email or phone number if you want - just message me.

Hope this helps

Stekmer :o

I made the mistake of recommending a travel agent to arrange a tour for two of my visiting friends. They went by van and when they got back they were both quiet. I had to pump them a little to get any information. They didn't really have much to say except that the roads were terrible and they really go tired of bouncing around. They told me that if anyone else ever want to go to tell them to fly. That was last year.