November 20, 200718 yr I have been told by Dpt of Transport that I cannot install a 105 kilo carryboy camper on a 4wd truck (1600 kilos), but I can carry up to 1100 kilos of firewood, garlic or illegal foreign workers (I made the last one up). Has anyone had experieince with this problem. and found a workable solution (other than changing the reg to 6 wheel, and becoming somekind of certified commercial carrier...
November 20, 200718 yr one of our members, steveromangino (I think that is how it is spelt) managed to organise some sort of permit to transport his boat from BKK to Phuket on a trailer. I dare say give him a PM, or better yet, look through some of his previous posts first.
November 21, 200718 yr What exactly is a carryboy camper? Do you mean the regular fibreglass canopy that thousands of pickups have here in Thailand, or is it something else? Did they tell you why you couldn't fit it?
November 21, 200718 yr I have been told by Dpt of Transport that I cannot install a 105 kilo carryboy camper on a 4wd truck (1600 kilos), but I can carry up to 1100 kilos of firewood, garlic or illegal foreign workers (I made the last one up). Has anyone had experieince with this problem. and found a workable solution (other than changing the reg to 6 wheel, and becoming somekind of certified commercial carrier... Get someone to call CarryBoy for you quote all the correct model numbers and ask. CarryBoy Only thing I know is you need to pay an extra tax for a roof more than 2.5m high. Mine has a ladder rack
Create an account or sign in to comment