Ban Sare - What Can You Tell Me About It? Have Friend W/ 2 Rai

luumak

Can anyone tell me about Ban Sare? Guesthouses and/or serviced apts cost/value? Price for tiny house? problem with thieves? Local told me if you take an apt on the water in the village may have problem with lao/khmer/burmese fisherman thieves.

The bar strip with some ladies (about 5 shops) - is this frequented by farang, local thai, both - fisherman (yuk)? sanook mai? pooying soay mai?

Internet (quality connection/price) in shop.

where do the boats sell their catch?

The bay is lovely as is the navy lands. the park, restaurants are nice for relaxing. lots of food in the night markets and of course the ever trusty "7".

Most imporantly: does anyone know about the white songtaew that plies th eroute (B20) to-from pattaya (tai?). where does it start/stop?

Anything else? going back down after loy kratong, would like to have useful info

Thanks

seems you know more than most mate, i used to live between there and patters so it was more convienient for me to go there , and the girls seemed to ave a better attitude.

as for robbers thats the same as anywhere there are rich farrangs and poor locals.

but there are some nice properties round there and a good international school,

and ther girls down there still massage ya shoulders while you sit at the bar, brings back memories of old patters.

i think there is a new complex of bars now so the place may have lost its cool. avnt bin there for a couple of years so will ave to see, as for getting there i always had my own trnsport so cant help you there.

Can anyone tell me about Ban Sare? Guesthouses and/or serviced apts cost/value? Price for tiny house? problem with thieves? Local told me if you take an apt on the water in the village may have problem with lao/khmer/burmese fisherman thieves.

The bar strip with some ladies (about 5 shops) - is this frequented by farang, local thai, both - fisherman (yuk)? sanook mai? pooying soay mai?

Internet (quality connection/price) in shop.

where do the boats sell their catch?

The bay is lovely as is the navy lands. the park, restaurants are nice for relaxing. lots of food in the night markets and of course the ever trusty "7".

Most imporantly: does anyone know about the white songtaew that plies th eroute (B20) to-from pattaya (tai?). where does it start/stop?

Anything else? going back down after loy kratong, would like to have useful info

Thanks

I live in Bang Sare & can help you a little. Gary is right , it is a quite town Not really to much bar action that I have noticed, but I live with my girlfriend that I have been with for 3 years. we moved to get out of the hustle bustle of Pattaya. I moved here in July. It is cooler here so if you get a house or apt. your rent is cheaper. I pay 7000 baht for a 3 bdr. house my elec went from 1250-1300 (Pattaya)baht a month to 750 baht a month (here). Nights I have been able to use fans & 1 hr ac in the night.

most govn water is 20 baht a month & just as unreliable as some areas in Pattaya. Most areas have dug wells. I put one on our land.

I don't really see to much thieving. People are real nice here , a couple of bad apples here & there- but I think far less than Pattaya. You do have some crime as the yabba heads steal to support their habits as they do everywhere. I never heard any purse snatchin or gold necklaces getting swiped by moto gang punks like Pattaya.As for the fishing village thieves , maybe if you left your fishing equipment out in the open. but most of the crime here is yabba related like Pattaya. Bang Sare has 2 lakes & the ocean is roughly 4-5 kilos away.Internet is kinda sketchy they do have phone(landlines) off the main highway but as you get out of "The Main Drag" it is not serviced yet . they have cat telecom for 3000 baht or if your phone is a newer mobile like nokia 3110 or newer & has internet capability via usb plugin line you can get Ais Or Dtac for cheap I pay 350 baht a month & it is slow . They do have internet shops in town for 15 baht an hr. but it is hot in the day & a lot of kids online in the night.

Ipstar is another option. Same slow satellite connection. The girls are the same anywhere from sooay to gag me as they are in Pattaya. It is tough to find the bar girl look (living dolls or any walking street types as they are all working Pattaya) but most of the gals seem to be decent & have good hearts . The hardest girls I have seen are hooked up with a farang while in Pattaya- They hi darling or darkling ones that engage in big mouth(as my girl calls it) about how rich they are(or their husband or farang they are with) Bang Sare is best if you have a girl already, it isn't like Pattaya but then again besides BKK & Reno & Las Vegas Or Amsterdam Where else can you go to Disneyland? the fish is awesome their is a market for fish- veggies & farmer market stuff. Their is another big market in Baan Ampur about 4 &1/2 kilos the Sangathew white or blue truck taxi goes there.& Sattahib about 7 kilo's away approx. pending where your at. has another big market. A lot of the fish that goes too Pattaya originates here,so shrimp & crab is less baht & fresher.The baht busses are 20 baht from Pattaya to Sattahib (unless they raise the fares soon ) you can go a long way on 20 baht. They have moto taxis as well.

This area is best served on a small motorbike though .so you can scoot around easy. The baht buss is great, but the minute you are off the hwy. you got to get a moto taxi- same 50 baht to most places. If you are deciding to build do yourself a favor buy your land & build instead of living in a farang village the difference for a Rai plot & a 1600-1800 sq.ft house is a couple million & you have a Rai instead of 50-100 tlang wah & you can somewhat pick your neighbors if you buy your own land.

I hope this helps. I love it here & I can go to Pats anytime. I just got back from there for Loy Krathong!

Cheers to you on whatever you decide on. I would opt for already having a girl living or willing to relocate(if that is an important factor) a good cell phone with internet capabilities & a motorbike if you want to live here comfortably.

Definitely not Pattaya. But sure is a beautiful spot in Thailand mountains 2 lakes & an ocean Can't beat it.

Beardog. Pm me if you need more info!

Sounds good Beardog ,will keep it in mind for future reference .Would be thinking of buying some large plot there ,and putting up a ready built thai wooden house ,and keeping my small Condo in Jomtien .I like gardening and would need to get a plot which could be bored for water .

Sounds good Beardog ,will keep it in mind for future reference .Would be thinking of buying some large plot there ,and putting up a ready built thai wooden house ,and keeping my small Condo in Jomtien .I like gardening and would need to get a plot which could be bored for water .

Most places just need a well put in 28,000 -32,000 baht compared to borehole method which is 2x's+ the cost. Unless your up on the high mountainside. water level averages 2-4 meters below the surface. We use up to 3 meters on our big well & barely tap into the amt. we can use. Yea this is the place to come to relax from the big city & you are right around the corner if you feel like

partying in Pattaya for a while! Good answer,you could have the best of both worlds. and the price of land is going up instead of Idling.Things are cheaper than Patts Trees ,bushes some foods,services & supplies.....but sometimes you do need to go to the big city. No Caurefore's Big C, or Tops. They do have a Tesco Lotus down the road in Sattihib.

Cheers

Beardog

And Luumak, I stand corrected I asked my girl & she mentioned there are some bars on the ocean beach.I was so busy taking in the view & looking for a place to rent I never paid attn to the bars. Alisa said it did have a lot of Farangs in one of them.that was 1-3 pm. Si I guess there is some bar action here.

Edited by Beardog

hi thanks beardog, super info - yeah i have been down there about a dozen times with a friend who has land now. i have to get out of pattaya, but now more thinking get out of thailand after this last loy krathong. im really starting to get very down on thais and im sure living here hasnt helped it any. as for the bars there are some seafood restaurants on the beach but the bars are topside, theres a stri of them about 5 shophouses. but i just cant deal with the bar girl thing anymore after the last week here. im honestly swearing off thai women, i am that jaded. need to move on, sadly ban sare could have been it, but since its in thailand - i dont think so.

time to go.

ps: my friend has loads of fresh water im sure jomtien envies. its a nice place guys, move there while you can!!

hi thanks beardog, super info - yeah i have been down there about a dozen times with a friend who has land now. i have to get out of pattaya, but now more thinking get out of thailand after this last loy krathong. im really starting to get very down on thais and im sure living here hasnt helped it any. as for the bars there are some seafood restaurants on the beach but the bars are topside, theres a stri of them about 5 shophouses. but i just cant deal with the bar girl thing anymore after the last week here. im honestly swearing off thai women, i am that jaded. need to move on, sadly ban sare could have been it, but since its in thailand - i dont think so.

time to go.

ps: my friend has loads of fresh water im sure jomtien envies. its a nice place guys, move there while you can!!

You know Luumak there is life after the bar girl scene. I was over it pretty quick & was able to find a good girl not out to work me for money & all the games. Don't let Thailand get to you, there are many ways to play your lifestyle out. True it is different after your here for a while,& then the tourist part wears off. but their are good women out here & the companionship makes it all worth it! I think all the males up here have had the same experience. It takes a little while to adjust to the illogical way of life.Once you can get past that obstacle You will be able to cope with Asia. It is a lot different than home! look around at regular type jobs the girls have & you will have a much better attitude towards Thailand in general

as they girls make excellent companions. Then make the move to Bang Sare. This place kicks when you got that part of it covered!

Good luck on whichever way you go.

Beardog

G/day ,, I was very interested in what you have posted about Bang Sare ,, I live in Khon Kaen and seriously looking at moving to the coast ,, i have checked out Rayon but not so sure ,, would like a smaller township .. I might pop down to Bang Sare next week with the wife to check it out < school holidays > ,, Will be looking to rent first ,, make sure we like the place before we buy ,, any hotels ?? , thanks for any help ,, Have a good day

G/day ,, I was very interested in what you have posted about Bang Sare ,, I live in Khon Kaen and seriously looking at moving to the coast ,, i have checked out Rayon but not so sure ,, would like a smaller township .. I might pop down to Bang Sare next week with the wife to check it out < school holidays > ,, Will be looking to rent first ,, make sure we like the place before we buy ,, any hotels ?? , thanks for any help ,, Have a good day

Hi Finished,

I am not sure about the hotels here as I never inquired about them. The houses are very reasonable to rent.

We are renting in a swanky farang village 3 bdr. for 7000 baht compared to 8000 baht for a 1 bdr. house in Pattaya.

We recently bought land & will be building a nice bungalo on 1&1/2 Rai plot.

The place we are renting was figured out to 4.3 million a Rai for 1-1.5 million you can buy developed land elec. etc. so we made the plunge.there are quite a few places for rent out this way. If you want & can rent a motorbike to get around if you PM me I will show you the sites around here!

Barry

have heard from thai friends living there:

- motorcycle theft is common

- seven eleven got rob 2 times this year

- one mom&pop store owner got robbed and gunned down

- yes, lots of burmese but really no harm. they work in the restaurants and furniture shops. they are nice people.

- pubs, you have to drive a few kilimeters to sattahip. not so safe as some locals tend to bring gun with them in pubs.

- nice place anyhow.