Cheap Sushi In Pattaya?

1stbase

I have yet to find a nice cheap sushi place here in pattaya, preferably a buffet. Back in Toronto you could find a sushi buffet for $8.99 at lunch (300 baht). Today's sushi lunch cost me just as much plus another hundred baht for mcdonalds right after since it didn't fill me up at all. Any recommendations?

Wish I could help you, 1stbase, but I can't get out of the batter's box on this one either! My wife and I have really enjoyed the excellent buffets, which include suchi, at the Royal Cliff and Montien hotels. Those, however, are much too expensive to be frequent experiences. So, to be honest, I'm just piggy-backing onto this thread so that I can "steal" any hot tips that are offered.

I will tell you that the best suchi and seafood buffet that I've ever had was at a place in So Cal called "Todai". It's a relatively small chain, with a few locations around the area. The quality of the suchi was outstanding. But my target was always the Alaskan King Crab legs. Those were available only on Friday and Saturday nights. It was no where near the price you got in Toronto. It was $17.99 PP. But, OH, those crab legs!! They flew them in each day that they were on the menu; and they were just incredible!

In general, the seafood here in Thailand is great! (Best thing about the country ... but that's another story.) But there is nothing, anywhere in the world, that can compare with Alaskan King Crab legs!! Oh, how I miss that! Even at the prices they charged, Todai lost a fortune on me!! :-)

Fuji. Typical prices. Chicken Teriyaki Meal(including a bowl of steamed rice and a Miso soup) 120 baht. Gyoza Ramen meal(large noodle soup & fried meat dumplings) 120 baht.

So, should do for you.

Can't remember the price of Sushi sets, as I don't skimp on Sushi.

Zen(Royal Garden Plaza) are a little better, when on form.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

OK, not a buffet but for the price, good quality.

I think the name is Osaka or Oshima or something but if you were looking at Tukcom on Pattaya Tai, it would be 50 metres down the street to the left, so that if you came out of the lifts in Tukcom and turned right out of the side exit, you would be on the correct street and about opposide it.

I like to say I know my Japanese food. I lived there and my ex wife is Japanese so I should have learned something. Whilst Fuji is acceptable and their gyoza are quite good, Zen in the RGP is far better but quite a bit more expensive. this place is cheap but their sushi and sashimi is very good and excellent given the very cheap price.

I was introduced by my ex girlfriend whose cousin works there but despite our relationship falling by the wayside some 3 years ago, I still return. The owner is a nice Japanese guy and the clientele are predominantly Japanese.

Just remember (unlike i do) that it is closed on Thursdays !

Take Fuji sushi at your own risks. A couple of my friends got food poisoning for a few days after eating the sushis at Fuji in separate occasions. There was once a couple of us went for lunch at fuji and our table was rather near to the kitchen. We saw with our own eyes that the guys preparing the sushi has got no gloves on, and once he completed a set of sushis, he simply wipe his hands on either his apron or pants and continue. It's ok if he has no gloves but at least wash his hands after every preparation!

When we eat sushis, we're dealing with raw food so there must be extra precautions taken for the preparation. Sushis are good when they're fresh. And when they're not, you're putting yourself at risk too.

There are special sushi restaurants in Bangkok though where you can be seated on the bar with the moving conveyor belt in front of you and little plates of sushis freshly made on it. You can take any amount of sushis you like and they charge by the number of plates on your table. So when your neighbour is turning his head at the other direction, transfer some of your plates on his stack! :o

Where exactly is Fuji Chain in the Big C? Map / street wise? The chef not wearing gloves is not a concern for me really, this is Thailand.

Zen is where I was the other day, thankfully mcdonalds was just two floors down. I eat a lot. I put red lobster out of business during shrimp fest. 290 shrimp! :o

So buffet would be preferred but I can also settle for a sushi meal for under $15 that will make my stomach bloated.

What are the prices at the Royal Cliff and Montien hotels?

I have yet to find a nice cheap sushi place here in pattaya, preferably a buffet. Back in Toronto you could find a sushi buffet for $8.99 at lunch (300 baht). Today's sushi lunch cost me just as much plus another hundred baht for mcdonalds right after since it didn't fill me up at all. Any recommendations?

dont eat sushi myselfe, but there is a new one just opned up on second road opposite soi 6 corner bar & it does have a menu outside!

Where exactly is Fuji Chain in the Big C? Map / street wise? The chef not wearing gloves is not a concern for me really, this is Thailand.

Zen is where I was the other day, thankfully mcdonalds was just two floors down. I eat a lot. I put red lobster out of business during shrimp fest. 290 shrimp! :o

So buffet would be preferred but I can also settle for a sushi meal for under $15 that will make my stomach bloated.

been eatting there for the last 4 years, no worries at all.

The two Fujis that my wife and I eat at fairly regularly (at least once a month) are located on the first floor of both Carrefour and Big C (Sukhumvit). At Carrefour, it's just inside the front (Pattaya Klang) door, to the left. At Big C, it's to the right, after you enter from the front door.

My problem with it is similar to yours. I can eat a LOT of suchi. I couldn't possibly fill up on Suchi alone at Fuji for less than 800-900 baht - and that's before adding the caraffe of saki that I usually order! :-) I usually order either a "set", with a side order of a suchi item (I like the Alaska Roll); or a couple of ala carte entre's, with a suchi item. That, plus the saki, gives me a bill of about 800-900 total (+ my wife's, much lower food bill). I can't get out of there for less than about 1200 baht.

The suchi there, while good, isn't as good, IMO, as what's available at the buffets I mentioned. The (weekend) prices at those are: 900 baht p/p at Royal Cliff; and 650 baht p/p at Montien. (Both of those are not including beverages.) As I said, NOT cheap!

I think the OP raises a general question. If a business is able to offer Sushi at 300 baht in Toronto, why can't they do that cheaper in Pattaya with much lower overhead costs.

Maybe it's because we're closer to Japan, and those Tokyo prices; than we are to Canada, and those Toronto prices! :o

I think the OP raises a general question. If a business is able to offer Sushi at 300 baht in Toronto, why can't they do that cheaper in Pattaya with much lower overhead costs.

Maybe it's because we're closer to Japan, and those Tokyo prices; than we are to Canada, and those Toronto prices! :o

And the sushi in Toronto is amazing. http://ajisai.ca/menu_bayview_lunch.htm You can have anything on the menu and the cook/prepare and serve it to you. I think the best sushi I had so far though was at a place near los angeles.

Maybe I will try out Montien, I'll google check the location.

Which restaurant is it at the Montien? I don't see sushi in the description :o

http://www.montien.com/pattaya/restaurant.asp

The weekend buffet (I recommend Saturday night, if you go there) is in the Marco Polo Chinese Restaurant. The food, however, is international; and, as I said earlier, includes some suchi. They also have a "cook to order" seafood section that's very good. There is NOT a large selection of suchi, but it is there. I do recommend it as a very good buffet, not necessarily as a great suchi place, as long as you're ready to pay that price.