"stable" Internet Connection Near Cmu

Artey

I did search before posting this, and the only thread i've found for CM that was half useful is the Maxnet sucks thread, but that just gives mixed results about Maxnet.

Basically i'm looking for anyone in CM, preferably who live around CMU, who have their own internet connection (either cable or DSL) who have a stable connection, stable being the key word. Can you please post who the provider is, location, if it's cable or DSL, price and speed. I'm in IT so feel free to post as much technical info as u like.

After struggling with the building internet, as well as a few wireless hotspots around here, i've given up with the shared internet and decided to get my own. I've just been given permission from my buildings owner that i'm allowed to get my own. First bridge crossed.

I don't have a phone line at the moment, so if anyone has any input on which provider is best would be appreciated too (if i decide to go down the DSL path).

My budget as approx 2,000B per month for internet.

Thanks in advance.

My TOT 1 meg line for 590 baht works well at the edge of CMU -- has gone down occasionally over the past 3 years but always came back within an hour. Connection will download at 100 Kb/s steadily and uploads at 30 Kb/s which is very close to the max the connection promises.

Or get two lines, one tot and one from elsewhere and either find the odd router that can take two ADSL connections or two routers and a computer program that shares your Internet demands across the two lines. AFAIK you can't actually use two 1 meg connections to get 2 meg but you can get programs that make the next request on the least used of two connections.