Bob's Texas Barbaque Closed

jonniebkk

I see that the Bob's Texas barbeque joint on Pattaya Tai has closed...that was quick. The place was open like 2 years or so and even made the Guiness record book for world's biggest hamburger. Even all that advertising in the local papers and TV channels could not get people to visit this poorly located restaurant. The restaurant scene in Pattaya is really getting competitive with new places opening daily and the level of decor and service rising too. Bad location and plain cheapo decor no longer seem to cut it in this town.

I see that the Bob's Texas barbeque joint on Pattaya Tai has closed...that was quick. The place was open like 2 years or so and even made the Guiness record book for world's biggest hamburger. Even all that advertising in the local papers and TV channels could not get people to visit this poorly located restaurant. The restaurant scene in Pattaya is really getting competitive with new places opening daily and the level of decor and service rising too. Bad location and plain cheapo decor no longer seem to cut it in this town.

Bob has opened another Bar-B-Que place at Soi LK Metro (Off of Soi Bua Khao) nearby to ''The Rock House'', 'Lolitas'' and ''The hel_l Club''. Guess he will have more passing trade now.. But parking a truck/car nearby is still a pain...

Bob has opened another Bar-B-Que place at Soi LK Metro (Off of Soi Bua Khao) nearby to ''The Rock House'', 'Lolitas'' and ''The hel_l Club''. Guess he will have more passing trade now.. But parking a truck/car nearby is still a pain...

He should get plenty of wal-by trade at that location. Good luck to Bob :o

This is a problem that gets worse every week! You want to go somewhere, but where to park, though it's hard to find, any business with parking has a huge advantage, one of the things? that made the buffalo bar such a success was that it had parking.

This is a problem that gets worse every week! You want to go somewhere, but where to park, though it's hard to find, any business with parking has a huge advantage, one of the things? that made the buffalo bar such a success was that it had parking.

Very true.. I've almost give up driving into town now.. and even finding a parking space for a 'big bike' is a pain.... Funny anybody else noticed how all the spaces is the new 'Avenue' multi story carpark are almost permenantly full ? The bottom two floors are all occupied no matter what time of day and whether the stores are open or not... There needs to be asort out of all the car/bike rental lot... they take up so much space along 2nd/Beach Rd there isn't any left for genuine customers..

Very true.. I've almost give up driving into town now.. and even finding a parking space for a 'big bike' is a pain.... Funny anybody else noticed how all the spaces is the new 'Avenue' multi story carpark are almost permenantly full ? The bottom two floors are all occupied no matter what time of day and whether the stores are open or not... There needs to be asort out of all the car/bike rental lot... they take up so much space along 2nd/Beach Rd there isn't any left for genuine customers..

For all my central parking I park in Tipp Plaza. runs from second road to beach road. It sarts where the DHL office is on Second Road. However its 40 baht for a car....for as long as you want but not overnight.

For all my central parking I park in Tipp Plaza. runs from second road to beach road. It sarts where the DHL office is on Second Road. However its 40 baht for a car....for as long as you want but not overnight.

Or Mikes, or Royal Garden, or most of the hotels. I have to say that I am spoiled for choice in pattaya of where to park. Went to the UK last month and paid £7.20 for 5 hours in a multistorey (about 500 bht), here would be about 40 baht.

Can't understand the fuss personally.

I think we were crying over Bob's BBQ closing a couple ofweeks ago already?

Anyways, if he has a place in LK Metro now, parking is indeed even more a pain than at the old location in Sout pattaya Road and for me very unlikely that I will ever go there...just like all the other places in that area.

Anyways, if he has a place in LK Metro now, parking is indeed even more a pain than at the old location in Sout pattaya Road and for me very unlikely that I will ever go there...just like all the other places in that area.

Park in the Metropole and give the security man 40 baht.

Exactly, or parkup the road then walk. :o

thanks for advise! Where is the Metro?

Exactly, or parkup the road then walk. :o

...was never lucky anywhere in that area at any given time of the day...sometimes I managed to sneak into the Areca Lodge, pretending to stay there..

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I went to Bob's Barbeque Friday night and it was great. The restaurant is setup almost identical as the original Pattaya Tai restaurant except that the bar doesn't go quite as far back and that there are no tables upstairs. I ordered the large smoked baby back rib meal, should have ordered the small or medium because it was huge. I must have gotten the pig's entire rib cage, two racks of ribs about one foot long stacked on top of another with a large baked potato, corn on the cob, salad, etc. I don't remember ever getting such a large plate of thick juicy ribs. The difference I find between Bob's ribs and those from The Great American Rib Company is that Bob's ribs are so much more thick, meaty and juicy than the extremely dry and tough ribs I experience at The Great American Rib Company. It is not my intention here to put down the Great American Rib Company, Bob has actually eaten there himself and said that they do serve some good dishes, but I was in the mood for ribs and I feel that Bob does them best.

I had mentioned this thread to Bob and the concerns about parking and that he should go to the thread and address this issue. In the mean time, I will pass on what Bob had told me. Bob told me that there is ample parking; you have to turn into the alleyway located between Soi LK Metro and the Metropole Hotel. It runs to the left of the Metropole Hotel underground parking entrance and parallels Soi LK Metro. Bob said

that you can park directly across from his restaurant in this alleyway. Sometimes there is a parking attendant who will charge 20 baht for parking and other times he is not present and you can park for free.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass on my experience at Bob Barbeque. I highly recommend Bob's Barbeque to one and all.

Well as the last poster mentioned and as a few others have told me I should post some responses on this forum. The honest reason was I lost my password or forgot the user name and was too lazy to make a new account. Today I got back on with the help of the forgot password option which gave me back my user name as well.

As for the parking it is not advisable to try and park on soi LK Metro. You have a couple of options, you can park in the alley way which goes completely around the LK Metropole hotel which is just 20 meters from us. The best way is to Enter the Hotel Entrance as you approach the Hotel turn to your left and you will see the alley. Proceed around until you find a place. If you are told you can't park here just tell them you are here to eat at Bob's BBQ and hand them 20 baht. We have a deal worked out with the head of security. There is a cut through to the alley which comes out right in front of Bob's. The second option would be to park under the LK Metropole Hotel in there underground parking for 100 bt per day. There are also other places close by like the Areca lodge with parking.

Thanks for all the members who have supported us over the last 3 1/2 years.

Bob

Hi Bob, good to see you on the Forum!

Here's another fan of your food and as I mentioned to you the other night (when we ran into each other in LK Metro on the street) please re-open the Carrefour outlet as that was apart from the Pizza the only edible food in there... :o