Gyms In Surin?

lukey1979

:D

Does anybody know of any decent Gyms in Surin, I dont mean any crappy little ones from the majestic hotel etc etc.

I will be moving up into Surin in the next couple of months and its something i can't live without im afraid.

Any help would be great.

So I take it you dont want to stay there again then! :D:D:D

Dave

p.s. My Thai family all work there :bah:

:o

Yes. There is a good one between Big C store and Theep Thani housing development. It is in a development called Sintorn (spelling??). It costs around 1000 baht per month. I forget what brand of equipment they have but my brother was here ( he runs the Gold's gym in Washington D.C.) and he said it was the best you can get. It is not very crowded either.

The gym they are talking about is the best one in Surin.

It is no Fitness First or Gold's Gym, but it does have some decent equipment.

The staff there are all a bit thick, but it is Surin!

They need more weights and maybe a curling bar and then it would be worth the 1000 baht. I think 400 to 500 baht a month is what they should be charging.

You get a free towel when you sign up too :o

last time i was in Surin there was a gym underneath the basketball stadium on Chitbamrung Road

(around the corner from the police station beside Wat Buraparam). It is very well equipped,

has a flat bench, , plenty of free weights and very good machines. Friendly staff and very cheap at 20 baht a visit.

the only drawback is that it does not open till 3pm so you gotta stay sober till 3pm, not a easy thing to do in Surin!

There is also some outdoor weights located in a park out by the university (free!) if you are really stuck.

Best of luck!

It is no Fitness First or Gold's Gym, but it does have some decent equipment.

The staff there are all a bit thick, but it is Surin!

:

How come you moved out then?

I just could not seem to find ONE good farang restaurant in town.

Especially after the pizza restaurant in the bus terminal closed.....it was the only place in whole city of Surin worth eating at!!!!

Plus the owner was a real cool guy! :o

I feel that Lampard10's comments are insulting and off-topic. Can we have them removed or has he bought the whole site yet?

That restaurant you're talking about was great! Too bad it's gone, but the owner got gypped by the lout across the street. F'ing rude drunkard that brings working girls home to spite his wife. What a life, huh?

Oh, and to keep it on topic:

The gym under the basketball court is much better when it comes to free weights and it is now free for the community--even us dirty farangs. Water bottles in the fridge are self-serve and cost 10 baht which you drop in a box.

They also have table tennis, tae kwon do classes, Thai music classes, massage & reflexology, and of course the basketball court which is in pretty good condition.

The gym at Sintorn (spelled Shinthorn on the entrance) is being refurbished and expanded. They are getting lots of new equipment and even a curl bar. Membership includes a steamroom, nightly step-classes and they'll be starting yoga/stretching classes soon, too.

Edited by dkstoney

I feel that Lampard10's comments are insulting and off-topic. Can we have them removed or has he bought the whole site yet?

That restaurant you're talking about was great! Too bad it's gone, but the owner got gypped by the lout across the street. F'ing rude drunkard that brings working girls home to spite his wife. What a life, huh?

Oh, and to keep it on topic:

The gym under the basketball court is much better when it comes to free weights and it is now free for the community--even us dirty farangs. Water bottles in the fridge are self-serve and cost 10 baht which you drop in a box.

They also have table tennis, tae kwon do classes, Thai music classes, massage & reflexology, and of course the basketball court which is in pretty good condition.

The gym at Sintorn (spelled Shinthorn on the entrance) is being refurbished and expanded. They are getting lots of new equipment and even a curl bar. Membership includes a steamroom, nightly step-classes and they'll be starting yoga/stretching classes soon, too.

Both places sound good. Glad Sintorn got a curl bar!

Hey DK, is the free part at the other gym inlude everything. Even the Tae Kwon Do? Or do the other extras cost.

Just wondering as I will be up after New Year to see the family. i might stay for a few months. Maybe at the Majestic, unless I find a place closer to your house.

Cheers fellas.

Ive got a feeling i popped into the shintorn housing estate before, I remember a gym by the pool and it didnt seem all that, I will give the one by the basketball courts a try, sounds ok.

Thanks guys.

Check back at Sinthorn. My buddy told me that they have added a new room and more equipment. It has air con and for me that is a must!