Request For Advice On Transfer Of A Condominium

I am about to transfer at The Park and an option has been presented where the developer will do the leg work and register with the land office on our behalf. I have no particular qualms with the developer but thought it would be a prudent to see if this is common/standard practice.

I would need to grant power of attorney to the developer - but is this permanent or just for the transfer?

They also seem to need our parent’s names.

The following documents were provided.

English_Enclosure_3_Power_of_Attorney__in_Thai_.pdf

Warning_for_benefits_of_Land_owners_and_persons_concerned.pdf

I am about to transfer at The Park and an option has been presented where the developer will do the leg work and register with the land office on our behalf. I have no particular qualms with the developer but thought it would be a prudent to see if this is common/standard practice.

I would need to grant power of attorney to the developer - but is this permanent or just for the transfer?

They also seem to need our parent’s names.

The following documents were provided.

Hi pkrv,

this is normal. It could also save you waiting around unnecessarily at the land office and it is sometimes best to let them do it all for you, although be aware they may charge you for this though - so check first. If you want to learn a little bit about how the land registration office works (and you've got a couple of hours to kill) you could always tag along, but it's good to just let them get on with it in my opinion.

The power of attorney form should state clearly just what it is exactly that they are doing on your behalf i.e "transfer of condo at land office" and is only applicable for that ONE-TIME ONLY and it isn't PERMANENT. You should provide copies of passport, signed in BLUE ink and if you know the date when your condo is to be transferred, you should date it also.

The request for parent names is now a security question. The land office now asks for this info as standard nowadays to help minimize land fraud. So when it comes to selling your condo in future, not just any old bugger can turn up and pretend that they are you.

Hope this helps, good luck.

[

pkrv,

Same view as the others. I just did mine yesterday through the seller's estate agent with no charge. Your concern is simply to ensure that the specific property as mentioned in the power of attorney coincides with your purchase agreement, e.g. title deed number, unit number etc. These details are on top part of the poa. (You don't need to read Thai to check that). To safeguard your payments, have your cheques photocopied and get them to sign on the copies as acknowledgment of receipts of the cheques. Keep these copies in case of need.

I didn't think that The Park is anywhere near completion? Or is there one in Bangkok too?

A good comment - I believe that the finishing touches - tennis courts (currently being used a car park for the contractors) will be in Feb 2008. However there are certain logistical considerations for us. BTW let me assure you this kind of stuff is bloody well nerve wracking nuts2.gif.