Thai King Urges Government To Spend More

george

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I was only able to read the little quotes in the English-news (encouraging some spending of the 100 Billion USD or whatever it is that is in the foreign exchange kitty on the buying of subs and aircraft, patrol vessels etc..). Did HM mention anything about Govt spending on the poor? Since he has so many projects already to help rural people, I'd be interested to know what he said about that - their expansion etc..(if anything). Does anyone have a transcript on that particular area/topic?

Thanks in advance..TG2

:o

Long Live His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyade.

Happy birthday and many years to come.

I AM LUCKY TO BE HERE AT THIS VERY SPECIAL OCCASION TO JOIN EVERYBODY TO WISH A VERY VERY SPECIAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIS MAJESTY KING BHUMIBOL ADYLYADE. I WISH MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY.

I HAVE READ MANY ARTICLES AND FOUND MOST HUMANE KING ON THIS PLANET WHO HAS SO MUCH CONCERN ABOUT HIS SUBJECT AND PEOPLE WHO LIVE HERE.

I SALUTE TO HIS MAJESTY KING BHUMIBOL ADULYADE AND WISH LONG LIFE AND GOOD HEALTH

I'm more concerned that any argument with any standpoint in another thread going against anything being said in the speech could be interpreted as a criticism of the speech itself, no matter if the writer actually intended it or had even heard it, and be used as a pretext to close the thread in question down.

I'm more concerned that any argument with any standpoint in another thread going against anything being said in the speech could be interpreted as a criticism of the speech itself, no matter if the writer actually intended it or had even heard it, and be used as a pretext to close the thread in question down.

Okay - this is a point we are all very, very aware of.

However, if you look at my post above this (me- Thaigene2) - I am asking for a 'transcription' of the parts about rural Thais and his recommedations for government spending that affect their futures. HM has spent his entire adult life travelling up and down the country with so many rural improvement projects (e.g. experminents at Chitralda) that he received a UNDP Lifetime Achievement Award - just last year! So this is not an unusual or guarded question that needs to be asked is it? Maybe the issue didn't come up in his B'day address..I'm just asking does anybody know and if so do they have a transcript - they can PM me if that's better.

My question is purely to see, in transcript/writing, what the King actually said - The English newspapers never seem to provide a transcript - why is that? Do the Thai newspapers? - I can't read Thai so I don't know. If no transcripts then - "who" - at these newspapers get to "interpret" (into a news story) what HM said in the first place? Do they have that right to 'interpret?

Long live HM and Thai stability..TG2

Edited by thaigene2

The decision to transcribe and provide the text seems to be taken arbitrarily. For example, if you search the web you will come across long transcripts {though if they are verbatim is not for me to say} for 2005 {that was the one in which HM said he should be constructively criticised, and applied pressure on Thaksin to drop Lese Majesty cases} & 2006. These were published the next day. Older ones are much more difficult to find. Is there a correlation between content and distribution? I'll let others adjudge.

I believe that the Manager newspaper maintains its Thai transcripts, e.g. 2004 Speech but again not easy to find, even in Thai.

Regards

/edit typo//

Edited by A_Traveller