Buying Or Renting A Shophouse In Downtown Khorat

keestha

I have a quick question for Khorat based expats, or others who know the city well.

How much would it cost to buy or to rent a shophouse in downtown Khorat? With a shophouse I mean the typical 3 story building you see in all Thai cities, with room for a shop, office or restaurant downstairs, and rooms to live in on the other 2 floors. And how difficult would it be to find something like this? Thanks in advance for useful input.

I have a quick question for Khorat based expats, or others who know the city well.

How much would it cost to buy or to rent a shophouse in downtown Khorat? With a shophouse I mean the typical 3 story building you see in all Thai cities, with room for a shop, office or restaurant downstairs, and rooms to live in on the other 2 floors. And how difficult would it be to find something like this? Thanks in advance for useful input.

Why don't you contact the sponsors of this forum by clicking on the banner at the top off the page.

I am sure they will be able to help you... :o

A quick question deserves a quick answer!

Korat like any town/city worldwide has different rates for different streets and locations.

Based upon a central location - for rent between 6k & 50K per month + services

Purchase prices between about 2 million and XXX million

Location is the key. Korat has a lot of town-houses - many of them (block in a row) are owned by a few owners. (As is the case in most Thai towns)

Perhaps in 10 years they may wish to demolish these and build high rises. - Look in Korat at the development already. Shophouses knocked down and apartment blocks being constructed.

If you can buy land in central Korat cheaply now, do so..........if not rent !

Than you can move your business when suddenly all the shoppers have moved to the new busy zone!

Its a changing city, with the emphasis on expansion outwards.

eg Tesco, Big C, etc are all at least 2.5km's from the centre (Post Office)

As a Scotsman, I would say "Be Canny" i.e. be careful & cautious

Croft robin is quite right.

Inside the town, a shop house is MINIMUM 8K to 20K (big one). I've seen more expensive if it is, for example, an ex-bank on three floors, good condition and VERY big.

Location is the key. A client of mine just rented one last week for 15K, near Korat-Texas....

Beside George and Dragon, there is a GIANT one to rent, I believe the price is 28K per month.

Some will ask you a deposit, some 3 months, some one year in advance.

On Pho Klang, I know a nice place for 10K per month, 6 months in advance. That's the street in front of Ya Mo.

Isaan-Properties can help you to find one.

• 5 weeks later...

I know some website that you can see the properties and the price www.koratindex.com or www.panthipmarket.com and select for korat(Nakhonratchasima) province and you will find many things there

In Korat town is not so cheap like before, for rent one building in the center of Korat with 3 storey about 10,000-20,000 baht per month, and if with the shop many time you have to pay money for take over the shop plus rental. It will not easy to find a good place to rent in center but also not too difficult if you keep looking enough.

Before my sister she rented a building there in the center (maybe 500 meters far), it cost 10,000 baht per month and she has to pay for take over this building, but now she let this building to a friend to run bussiness.